VHLM Player Press Conference

Tagger

VHLM Players Answer 3 for 1 Capped TPE or 6 for 2 Capped TPE:

1. Who is your biggest rival on your team?

2. Who do you look up to the most on your team?

3. What team is your biggest rival?

4 What player on another team is your biggest rival.

5. Do you love playing against your rival?

6. What has been your best game so far in the season?

7. What is your weekly goal you are trying to hit in training? (TPE)

8. Do you see yourself continuing that pace or picking it up when you get to the vhl?

9. Are you enjoying yourself in the vhl/m so far?

10.  If you could change one thing about the vhl/m what would it be?

1) I think the league has been has very friendly and supportive. I heard about this league from YouTube and was unsure about if I should join or not, but i'm glad I did. I've had a great time so far and look forward to continuing in this league.

2) I've had a hard time navigating the menus to find where to apply my TPE or where to find where my stats are. I'm not saying that is should be changes more as it's been a less than ideal time to find my way around. 

3) I was not aware that there was a VHLM newsletter, so I cant comment on if it was helpful or not.

4) Being a part of the Ottawa Lynx, I didn't have the highest hope for myself being as I have just started. But the team has been very helpful and I'm hoping to improve this season and hope to make a push for the championship next season.

5) Looking at the standing at this time and noticing that Saskatoon has a 24 game winning steak, I would say that they have a real good chance of winning the cup this year.

6b) My current team the Ottawa Lynx, in this season sadly sit near the bottom of the standings. But they have made a few good free market pick ups and this are looking up for next season. I feel we have a real good shot of pushing for the cup next season. Hoping to bring the cup back to Ottawa like in season 62.

1. What do you like most about your team?

2. What do you like most about the vhl/m?

3. Who do you look up to most in the vhl?

4. Who do you think is the best player in the league right now?

5. What is your biggest strength when you are training?

6. Who do you like to sit next to on the bench the most?

7. Which player in your locker-room always makes you laugh?

8. What do you think makes the best teammate? 

9. What kind of questions do you like to answer?

10. What is something you think we can do better?

1. Which team do you think will win the WJC?

2. Are you excited about the WJC?

3. If you could change one thing about the WJC what would it be?

4. What do you think is the biggest strength of the VHL?

5. What extra tools would make it easier for you to write articles?

6. What tasks do you like to do in order to improve your player?

7. Do you like interacting with others and creating your own story?

8. What would be helpful for you getting into the story that is the VHLM?

9. Which team do you think will win the VHLM Cup?

10. Who do you think will be the MVP of the VHLM this season?

On 12/9/2019 at 11:35 AM, rjfryman said:

1. Which team do you think will win the WJC? - Europe not cause they’re most likely gonna win cause I’m their goalie

2. Are you excited about the WJC? - I’ve been excited first 3 games

3. If you could change one thing about the WJC what would it be? - I don’t really know maybe there could be an option for the TPE bar to be raised or lower 

4. What do you think is the biggest strength of the VHL? - very good customer service

5. What extra tools would make it easier for you to write articles? - trending topics make it easy and writing about something relevant to you

6. What tasks do you like to do in order to improve your player? - the easy ones PCs, Welfare, PFs

1. So Europe won the WJC, Were you expecting that or was that a shock to you?

2. If you were in the WJC how did you do?

3. What do you think would make the WJC more exciting to keep up with?

4. How do you think your team will do in the playoffs?

5. How do you think you will end this season?

6. What do you want to improve on in the offseason?

7. Where do you think you will be drafted?(round)

8. What team would you love to play for in the VHL?

9. Do you think you will do good in the VHL?

10. Do you see yourself doing another season in the VHLM?

1. How did you do this season?

2. How do you think you will do this post season?

3. Which teammate do you think is the MVP of your team?

4. What do you think is the your best game this season?

5. What would you consider a win for your personal stats this post season?

6. What do you think is the most important thing for you to work on this postseason?

1. I did very well most of my fellow rookies didn’t even 80 points let only 90+.

2. I think I will below average just because of my experience in this situation 0.

3. Shawn Glade he has basically carried us to where we are now.

4. My 6 point game against Las Vegas.

5. I want at least 2 points from the first which he have a low chance of making it passed.

6. Scoring the team can’t just rely on Shawn I have to be able to score to.

1. How did you do this season? - Considering I got a late start, not too bad I think. Seven points in 20 games, but much more respectable when you factor in adjusting to the speed of the VHLM when I was starting out. I'm proud I was able to come out and hit like I had been in juniors, it felt great to be able to contribute without the puck. 

2. How do you think you will do this post season? - I'm primed to thrive in the playoffs, as I've been putting a ton of extra work in after practice. I'm feeling the best I've ever felt in my entire hockey career and frankly, I feel I'm ready to explode if I'm given the chance. 

3. Which teammate do you think is the MVP of your team? - I feel this answer might surprise a lot of people, but it has to be Jaxx Hextall to me. He's been playing a ton of games lately and frankly, he's doing fantastic. With his practice hours, this isn't something you would expect at all. Hexy is going above and beyond for us and I feel that it needs to be recognized. 

4. What do you think is the your best game this season? - I had one multi-point game this season, a goal and an assist and I landed a bunch of hits too. I felt that was my most complete game so far. 

5. What would you consider a win for your personal stats this post season? - I didn't get as many points as I wanted, but I was able to get over 40 hits in that limited time. I was also able to record a +6 rating, which vindicates the hard work I put in to play a responsible two-way game. 

6. What do you think is the most important thing for you to work on this postseason? - I'll be honest: I need to become a better skater. I'm just not up to par yet to fully take advantage of my other skills, and that needs to change if I'm going to really show the VHL scouts what I can bring to the big leagues. 

1) Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole?

Only been apart of the league for a few days now, it was a bit confusing at first but lots of the people around here are super helpful, so that defiantly makes it a lot easier, but all in all it seems like it could be tons of fun. 

2) Are there any areas in the league that you would like to see a change/improvement? 

Maybe just a little better of a video intro to the league and what it is about, coming into this I knew absolutely nothing so it made it a bit hard. But overall there are lots of helpful reads, but I think a very in depth video series would help more and it would make it for people to understand easier. 

3) The VHLM Newsletter launched earlier this week, did you read it and was it helpful to you?

I haven't read it yet, but when I get some extra time I definitely will.

4) What are your aims this season in the VHLM?

Help a team that needs me win a championship and obviously progress my player as much as I can for the upcoming draft. 

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup?

The season is almost over so it's kind of tough for me to answer this question. 

6a) Is there any player on your VHL team that you're particularly looking forward to playing with when you make the VHL? (For players who were also in the VHL Draft)

Not in the VHL yet, but I will be one day and I will have a player I look up to that's forsure. 

6b) What do you think of your current VHLM team? (If you were selected in the VHLM Draft)

Don't have one yet, but I am really looking forward to seeing who picks me up in the upcoming draft. 

6c) If a GM were to make you an offer, what kind of player would they be getting? (If you're currently unaffiliated).

Hardworking player with a huge leadership attributes, hoping to be as active as I can and make a name for myself in this league. 

1. If your team is still in the playoffs... how do you feel about your performance so far?

2. If your team is out of the playoffs... What is one thing you would like to do next season to help your team succeed?

3. What is the most important thing you want to achieve in your career?

4. What do you think is the biggest focus you need to work on in the offseason?

5. What if anything would you change about your locker-room experience?

6. What team mate helped you the most this season?

7. What do you want to help newer people with in the future?

1. If your team is still in the playoffs... how do you feel about your performance so far? - In ten games, I've got four goals and two assists for six points. I'm contributing without the puck as well, with 26 hits. I feel like my production isn't consistent enough yet, but at the same time I am happy that I am helping Halifax rather than holding them back. 

3. What is the most important thing you want to achieve in your career? - The most important goal is to lift the Continental Cup, no doubt in my mind. Individual accolades are nice, but they're empty and hollow when not accompanied by the Cup.

4. What do you think is the biggest focus you need to work on in the offseason? - It's become very clear to me that I need to become a better passer. I can finish off on chances my teammates create, but I'm struggling to create those same opportunities for them. That has to change if I'm going to truly be a great player in any league. 

5. What if anything would you change about your locker-room experience? - It had stretches where it was quiet, but I was pretty happy overall with Halifax and I believe I chose to right team to join the VHLM with. It's bittersweet knowing that when our season ends, I will have to leave to enter the VHLM Draft and that my chances of returning are quite slim. 

6. What team mate helped you the most this season? - Jaxx Hextall was for sure the biggest inspiration for me this season. As one of the vocal voices in our locker room, he was a visible presence both on and off the ice. He brought his best for the biggest moments and without him, we're not in the position we are today. He's going to make a VHL franchise very happy sometime soon. 

7. What do you want to help newer people with in the future? - The VHLM Newsletter was the perfect way for a newcomer to ease into the league. Very streamlined and it details every way a player can improve. If team leadership gives assistance like I got from Halifax, then prospects are in great hands with those two assets. 

2. If your team is out of the playoffs... What is one thing you would like to do next season to help your team succeed?

I would love to step up and practice my shooting this offseason to come back with more game

3. What is the most important thing you want to achieve in your career?

Winning of course!

4. What do you think is the biggest focus you need to work on in the offseason?

Puck handling has been forgotten in my routine a few times, so I will look to catch up on it.

5. What if anything would you change about your locker-room experience?

I'd love if I'd have more teammates to talk to, and hopefully that will come true with all our draft picks!

6. What team mate helped you the most this season?

Hugh Jass definitely showed me the ropes this season, even though he's younger!

7. What do you want to help newer people with in the future?

How to make the most of their time on and off the ice, and not make the same mistakes I did :)

• 2 weeks later...

1. How do you feel about your new(old) team?

2. What pieces do you think your team needs to succeed this year?

3. What are your goals for this season?

4. What would you call a successful season for your team and yourself?

5. How do you like the VHL so far?

6. What is your favorite player to watch, play with, just admire so far?

1. My thoughts on the league are this... extremely well because it is just fun.

3. No, I did not read the VHLM Newsletter but I plan on it.

4. I plan on becoming a better goaltender and I plan on getting a lot of TPE before my first season starts.

6a. I do not own a team yet.

6b. I do not own a team yet.

6c. A top-notch starting goaltender that can make a save when it counts.

On 8/11/2018 at 2:17 PM, Tagger said:

This is a thread designed to help newer members and players get the full 2 TPE out of Press Conferences if they haven't received enough questions and will be updated with new questions every Saturday. If you answer 6 of these questions, you will receive 2 TPE.

If you've already answered enough questions in other press conferences to reach 2 TPE, then you do not need to answer these questions (These questions here do not grant an additional 2 TPE on top of the 2 TPE you've already earned)

1) Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole?

2) Are there any areas in the league that you would like to see a change/improvement? 

3) The VHLM Newsletter launched earlier this week, did you read it and was it helpful to you?

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup?

6a) Is there any player on your VHL team that you're particularly looking forward to playing with when you make the VHL? (For players who were also in the VHL Draft)

6b) What do you think of your current VHLM team? (If you were selected in the VHLM Draft)

6c) If a GM were to make you an offer, what kind of player would they be getting? (If you're currently unaffiliated).

Reveal hidden contents

@cheidebrecht @SirRupertBarnes@colton14@ColeMrtz21 @Sonnet @AdamEss @Tacocat @Rad Russian@Steve Razyn  @McWolf @Flyershockey90 @Bdlondon @ventsan @Schmidt @Arayvenn @pierogituxedo @Greenert11  @brownboy102@bdu754 @Scorpio @DrHexDex @Reckasaur @Foehammer @Tigerteeo @DBCrumpets @Jerramy @Claust @Mike_Houle @mhart97 @Desjar @Joobles  @Lefty @Harri Abraham @KingChance @Deeks @Brian Yearwood @MrMaxx44 @muharibshakur @deathsoftx @leafsman @flowseidon @canadiancookie @North12420@bobby  @BloodMustache  @DC_92 @Taupert97 @iamgrant2149 @golferbml @Zetna @Potato @Nelson @803 @FuzzyLeeroy @devilsfan35@Deft @Drob127 @Jose Gonzalez @Doomzday @Sublime @Keywi @DurdenBrandSoap @jlowenstein @Bazmandoo22 @RJHockey21 @Pelimies @UltraMick @Nick Blagden @T65 @Dijital @DickRobbins @JaacTree @bagelbitesisbae @VV2O4 @ViIIains @Tniz15 @Galchenyuk_is_God @Josh Ho-Train @McCan @SidTheKid87 @Jubo07 @mjrv21 @nymets5 @SupaStu @Rykonen @Rzerk  @Sook @Sllaym @ZST @libbyfanaccount  @tomppa169 @BarzalGoat @stucky71  @Sixersfan549 @Renegade56 @Jimbo @sanlitun @alecbama @Dtayl @Saucetonia @SlapshotDragon  @Reives  @Joseph Wolf @MrYams @CahillNFLD

@Glebbread @DaftRaincloud @nicolas01 @ChrisF @RickRandals @Russell Jerome @LordTony @DonaldJWafer

@BBNAT@Whip @canucksHD @Hunter @david_mccarthy22 @Elhandon @skyhighTBE @jrodwire

@Caleb Snoe

@STiN  @bryanxm  @Enorama @ADV @evrydayimbyfuglien @AnthonyOuellet @ShawnGlade @AndrewWarren13 @Symmetrik @Frank @BOOM™ @Trifecta @tfong @KyleS56 @Kian Lopushinsky

1) It is a great idea and lots of great players that I want to learn from

2) The Mississauga Hounds

3) Yes, it was a great idea implementing it

4) Try to get in a team and prepare myself for the new draft

6a) @Krice13

6c) They will be getting a full commited great player that will do anything for the team

On 8/11/2018 at 2:17 PM, Tagger said:

This is a thread designed to help newer members and players get the full 2 TPE out of Press Conferences if they haven't received enough questions and will be updated with new questions every Saturday. If you answer 6 of these questions, you will receive 2 TPE.

If you've already answered enough questions in other press conferences to reach 2 TPE, then you do not need to answer these questions (These questions here do not grant an additional 2 TPE on top of the 2 TPE you've already earned)

Reveal hidden contents

@cheidebrecht @SirRupertBarnes@colton14@ColeMrtz21 @Sonnet @AdamEss @Tacocat @Rad Russian@Steve Razyn  @McWolf @Flyershockey90 @Bdlondon @ventsan @Schmidt @Arayvenn @pierogituxedo @Greenert11  @brownboy102@bdu754 @Scorpio @DrHexDex @Reckasaur @Foehammer @Tigerteeo @DBCrumpets @Jerramy @Claust @Mike_Houle @mhart97 @Desjar @Joobles  @Lefty @Harri Abraham @KingChance @Deeks @Brian Yearwood @MrMaxx44 @muharibshakur @deathsoftx @leafsman @flowseidon @canadiancookie @North12420@bobby  @BloodMustache  @DC_92 @Taupert97 @iamgrant2149 @golferbml @Zetna @Potato @Nelson @803 @FuzzyLeeroy @devilsfan35@Deft @Drob127 @Jose Gonzalez @Doomzday @Sublime @Keywi @DurdenBrandSoap @jlowenstein @Bazmandoo22 @RJHockey21 @Pelimies @UltraMick @Nick Blagden @T65 @Dijital @DickRobbins @JaacTree @bagelbitesisbae @VV2O4 @ViIIains @Tniz15 @Galchenyuk_is_God @Josh Ho-Train @McCan @SidTheKid87 @Jubo07 @mjrv21 @nymets5 @SupaStu @Rykonen @Rzerk  @Sook @Sllaym @ZST @libbyfanaccount  @tomppa169 @BarzalGoat @stucky71  @Sixersfan549 @Renegade56 @Jimbo @sanlitun @alecbama @Dtayl @Saucetonia @SlapshotDragon  @Reives  @Joseph Wolf @MrYams @CahillNFLD

@Glebbread @DaftRaincloud @nicolas01 @ChrisF @RickRandals @Russell Jerome @LordTony @DonaldJWafer

@BBNAT@Whip @canucksHD @Hunter @david_mccarthy22 @Elhandon @skyhighTBE @jrodwire

@Caleb Snoe

@STiN  @bryanxm  @Enorama @ADV @evrydayimbyfuglien @AnthonyOuellet @ShawnGlade @AndrewWarren13 @Symmetrik @Frank @BOOM™ @Trifecta @tfong @KyleS56 @Kian Lopushinsky

1) I think it is a great idea as a game and there should be more games like this

2) The message system could be a bit faster

3) I think it can be very useful to lots of players (me included)

4) Get lots of TPE, get my stock to go up, and get into the playoffs

5) I would like the Yukon Rush to win, but I am also looking fowards to the ones who beated my team last year... The Wild

6a) I would like to make a good debut and play along w/ @Krice13

With the depth of talent and the multiude of prosperous teams, it is no surprise that this league has been around for so long. No player is left out in the cold if they have the will and drive to succeed in both the VHL and the VHLM.

Having not been around to much. I do not see any glaring things that need to be changed. I am just looking for a opportunity to delve deeper into my career.

I have read bits and pieces of it. Haven't really gotten time to peruse it thoroughly. When I get a chance I will surely take another look. 

Aims, my aims are just like everyone else, Be the best player I can be and help my team to achieve the ultimate goal. 

There a lot of great teams in the VHLM. Every team has an opportunity to take the Founders Cup. I would just like to be a member of the team that hoist it this year.

I don't think the question is if a GM makes me a offer, I think it will be when a GM makes me a offer They will be getting a solid stay at home defenseman. Who takes care of his end before attempting to go up ice. I will most likely end up being a goalie's best friend. 

1. How do you feel about your new(old) team? - I like it here in San Diego. There are a lot of talented and active players here who really want to see each other to succeed. It's a very positive and upbeat locker room and I can't wait to take the ice with them. 

2. What pieces do you think your team needs to succeed this year? - We've got the offensive and defensive talent to win this season, so as long as our goaltender, Toppi Attakallio, keeps improving, we should be among the favorites to win the Founder's Cup. 

3. What are your goals for this season? - My personal goals are to record 30 goals and at least 40 assists. I'd also like to record 300 hits as well and show that I'm ready for the next level. 

4. What would you call a successful season for your team and yourself? - A successful season for the Marlins is to lift the Founder's Cup at the end of the season. If we do that, this is a successful season for all of us. If I can contribute towards that happening, I'll be happy knowing that I'm ready for the next step of my career. 

5. How do you like the VHL so far? - It's a fun place for sure. It's a very positive and supporting community happy to welcome anyone. The deep history really adds to the appeal of the league and I'm excited to get my opportunity to etch my place on the storied history of the VHL. 

6. What is your favorite player to watch, play with, just admire so far? - I haven't really gotten a chance to play at any organized level with my new teammates yet, but I have a lot of respect for Jaxx Hextall, my teammate on Halifax last year. He was a huge reason for our success last year, always call, collected and cool under pressure and played big. I was lobbying big time for our management to draft him, but it didn't work out. Minnesota got a great goalie in Hextall, and he's going to make them very tough to beat. I can't wait to see how much better he'll be this season. 

• 2 weeks later...

1) Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole? I’m having a lot of fun 

2) Are there any areas in the league that you would like to see a change/improvement? So far everything ain’t bad

3) The VHLM Newsletter launched earlier this week, did you read it and was it helpful to you? No I didn’t 

4) What are your aims this season in the VHLM? Get points 

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup? Could be anyone 

6a) Is there any player on your VHL team that you're particularly looking forward to playing with when you make the VHL? (For players who were also in the VHL Draft) I’m not sure actually 

6b) What do you think of your current VHLM team? (If you were selected in the VHLM Draft) their find to play the game with 

6c) If a GM were to make you an offer, what kind of player would they be getting? (If you're currently unaffiliated). They’d have to be the judge of that but I always play my best 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2018 at 7:17 AM, Tagger said:

Reveal hidden contents

@Caleb Snoe

1. The league is very nice and fun, everybody here is nice and welcoming. Its an amazing place to play

2. My goals are to get a feel for the league and make my team happy

3. Id have to say Minnesota to win the founders cup. They're just a really dominant team.

4. I like this team, but we need to rebuild and make this team stronger. I think in a year or 2 we will be dominate.

5. I think the vhlm is a perfectly good league needing no improvements as of what i have seen so far

6. Im excited for what the future holds for me in the vhl and cant wait to see that part of my career. 

On 1/14/2020 at 9:40 AM, rjfryman said:

1: I feel pretty good about us. We are doing pretty nice and i like that
2: I dont think we need anything else
3:I want to be able to be said to have been a main factor that helped my team win
4:A successful season for my team is a winning record and a successful one for me is helping them get that record.
5: I love it. The Community is nice although there are some bad apples

6:I currently dont have one although im trying to get more into the community and see what good players look like

On 1/14/2020 at 10:40 PM, rjfryman said:

1. New team is great, everyone is real helpful and looking forward to playing some playoff hockey this season so early. Hoping we can make a run. 

2. They signed me so they are heading in the right direction. Also picked up some good pieces and think we can get an upset against a better team.

3. My goals are to learn the system and update my player consistently. Will see how we go and make statistical goals next season.

4. Joining so late in the season, it's been a successful season for Mexico as it is, already basically being a playoff spot. To top it off would be winning a round and that's all my player wants too.

5. The league seems really good. Love the portal and all the stats and stuff, community seems really good and real helpful.

6. Haven't been able to watch any players yet in the VHL. Will get more invested and pick a favourite player that I will mould myself after soon enough I'm sure.

1. How do you think you have done so far this season?

2. If you could sell yourself to the VHL teams in one sentence what would that sentence be?

3. Who do you model your play after?

4. Who in your family got you into hockey first and why did it stick?

5. What was your favorite hockey memory growing up?

6. What do you wish to pass along to young hockey kids?

4 hours ago, rjfryman said:

1. How do you think you have done so far this season?

2. If you could sell yourself to the VHL teams in one sentence what would that sentence be?

3. Who do you model your play after?

4. Who in your family got you into hockey first and why did it stick?

5. What was your favorite hockey memory growing up?

6. What do you wish to pass along to young hockey kids?

1. It's been ok season so far.

2. Goal scoring machine.

3. Nikita Kucherov.

4. My dad, we went to hockey game when i was a kid. I just fell in love with hockey.

5. Finland winning World Championship in 2011

6. Just enjoy playing hockey.