VHLM Player Press Conference

Tagger

2 hours ago, Berocka said:

What would the Melbourne team be called? I wrote a full expansion for Australia and oceania. I went wit Melbourne Matildas. 

I like Melbourne Matildas my other ideas without doing like research would be:

Melbourne Reds alt alt name: Poppies (Anzac) Or Melbourne Surf (obvious surfing)

I would go with the Reds

VHLM Players Answer 3 for 1 Capped TPE or 6 for 2 Capped TPE:

1. How do you feel about your performance this last season?

2. What aspect of your game will you be working on the most this offseason?

3. If you are staying in the VHLM and are staying with your team, What do you think of your teams chances next season?

4. If you are staying in the VHLM and are in the VHLM Draft, What team would you love to play for?

5. If you are going to be drafted and play in the VHL, which team do you hope drafts you?

6. If you could change one aspect of your game what would it be.
7. What aspect of your game do you think is your greatest strength? 

8. What do you bring to a VHL team?

9. What kind of player do you want to be?

10. Name one VHL player you look up too?

17 minutes ago, rjfryman said:

I'm very happy with it. I didn't put up the biggest numbers on the team, but I had a role to play and I feel like I did my job really well.

We are losing our best defenseman this offseason, so I've got some big shoes to fill.

3. If you are staying in the VHLM and are staying with your team, What do you think of your teams chances next season?

The bulls are going to lose a lot of the pieces that got us the cup this season, but I think we can put up a repeat performance in the coming season.

5. If you are going to be drafted and play in the VHL, which team do you hope drafts you?

Playing in Prague would be cool, because I'd be close to home again, but there are lots of places that I'll be happy.

I need to shoot less and pass more. I'm surrounded by guys with an excellent shot that I'll probably never be able to replicate. I need to get better at getting the puck to them.

Preventing opponents from gaining the zone with possession. No one is going to skate past me with the puck and stay on their feet.

I sucked! Didn't even play a single minute! 

I haven't added any points yet... so I'll be working on everything. 

Even though I wasn't able to be signed, I was in the LVA locker room and enjoyed it for what it was. Going to support my team no matter what, so I'm pretty confident we'll do just fine. 

4. If you are staying in the VHLM and are in the VHLM Draft, what team would you love to play for? 

I've already played for Philly and briefly for Yukon. I'd love to play for Mexico City or Las Vegas. Both teams have plenty of draft picks over the next couple seasons so I could see myself landing there. 

A team in Europe, I hope. My top three would be Prague, Riga, and Helsinki.

6. If you could change one aspect of your game what would it be? 

Kinda like real life, I need to be a bit more physical. I'm not the biggest defenseman, but I need to show I"m not there to be pushed around.

I'm a defenseman, so I hope it's defense. Looking to have a good two-way game so I'm not a liability in the offensive zone. 

I like to think I'm a good locker room presence. Maybe I don't speak all that much, but I'm there for people.

Two-way defenseman. Reliable in both ends. Not particularly keen on being the top scoring defenseman, but I would like to be able to put up points while also shutting down my opponent's offense. 

On 10/29/2019 at 8:18 AM, Berocka said:

1) What has been your experience in your first season? Was it what you expected?

2) Are you apart of any other Sim leagues or are you going to join any?

3) Who is the nicest member you have met outside your team?

4) Will you go up to the VHL next season? Why or why not?

5) What was your favourite memory about this season?

6) If you could create a team where would they be located and what would be their logo?

7) In the offseason where do you go on holiday to?

? What was the biggest surprise for you this season?

9) Which VHL star do you want to be like?

10) If hockey were to be made illegal what job would your player do.

1. It was better than I thought I was getting into, and I did better than I expected too. Overall I'm happy with my first season and I look forward to the draft!

2. No, this is the only one I have ever joined. Also I haven't really bothered to look at other leagues.

3. I would have to say Acyd Burn is one of the nicest individuals I have met so far, but I have met a lot of awesome people here already!

4. I feel I need a whole season still before I go up to the VHL but I am eager to grow and make my place in VHL history.

5. My favourite on-ice memory this past year was stealing a 50 save win after losing so much all year, it made me feel like my hard work was paying off.

6. Hamilton Thunder, with the Blue, Black, and Silver Lightning logo.

7. I went back home to a small town just outside Hamilton to be with my wife and son.

8. My biggest surprise was my location in the draft being so high, I really didn't expect so many teams contacting me.

9. I want to become my own legend in the league, and set an example of my own style of goaltending for future generations.

10. I would just go home, be with my family, and start my own business in Restoration and Creation.

On 10/29/2019 at 10:18 PM, Berocka said:

1) What has been your experience in your first season? Was it what you expected?

6) If you could create a team where would they be located and what would be their logo?

1] It was my second as I am a slow earner but it was good, I played well coming second is a good result;

2] No and No
4] Yes hopefully bring DC some wins

7] Travelling to Fiji or somewhere else tropical and quiet

8] That we made it to the finals

10] Nutritionist or Dietician I think

9 hours ago, rjfryman said:

I feel okay about my play.  I'm young and have a lot to learn still.

I have been working on my skating and puck handling.  Trying to commit less turnovers.

4. If you are staying in the VHLM and are in the VHLM Draft, What team would you love to play for?

I wouldn't have any problems going back to Philadelphia, but I'm happy to play for anyone who will give me a chance.

Defensive positioning and physicality.

Youth and a desire to improve.

I want to be a physical defenceman who can lock down players.

Thanks for the questions @rjfryman

On 10/29/2019 at 5:18 AM, Berocka said:

2) Yeah I'm a part of the SHL and it's aight I guess. VHL seems like it has a better system and is less work.

4) I will not go up to the VHL next season considering I haven't been drafted to the VHLM yet.

5) My favourite memory was creating my player and thinking of a player name.

6) I think the Seattle Starbucks would be pretty cool although we might run into copyright issues. To try to avoid those issues we can have the logo be a pumpkin with some cinnamon sticks.

7) I like to take holidays in Michigan and hang out by the lakes, maybe play some golf.

9) Definitely Berocka Sundqvist. They're a legend and I want to model my game after them.

On 11/4/2019 at 10:56 AM, rjfryman said:

1. How do you feel about your performance this last season? - Pretty good, but it doesn’t show much

2. What aspect of your game will you be working on the most this offseason? Overall goaltending of course

3. If you are staying in the VHLM and are staying with your team, What do you think of your teams chances next season? Idk man haven’t gotten drafted

8. What do you bring to a VHL team? A solid overall goaltender 

9. What kind of player do you want to be? A solid starter I know that I’ll never be a superstar, but I’m fine with that

10. Name one VHL player you look up too? I’d say My starting goaltender as he was my mentor pre-vhl draft.

1) Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole?

The league has been very inviting and I have enjoyed all of it so far. Its very easy to navigate and figure out how to update.

2) Are there any areas in the league that you would like to see a change/improvement? 

For the most part not really, however I will say that I wish it was easier to access some things. For example sending an automatic e-mail to new accounts on what they should do first, or something like that.

Why you gotta ask me that question lol. Well that's obviously a tough decision since there's so many cool people in the league so I'm not exactly anser that and just say that everyone is the nicest person (except for _______ of course).

4) What are your aims this season in the VHLM?

I don't want to set my goals to high, so I'll just say that I want to see the Hounds make the playoffs and win a couple of games in the playoffs

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup?

Well its obviously the Hounds, they got me, a solid goalie at pick 5, and a bunch of other guys that are awesome. With a couple of veterans coming back,  a run is definitely in the realm of possibility.

6b) What do you think of your current VHLM team? (If you were selected in the VHLM Draft)

My team is awesome so far! The locker ream is really active with alumni and current players alike and the GM's are very inviting. Our team is really solid too and I am very excited.

While I still can't pronounce my team's city name as I'm on the Miss........ Hounds, I do like our logo.

On 11/4/2019 at 11:56 AM, rjfryman said:

1.  I felt my performance was alright, I don't really think much was expected of me being drafted 50th overall in the VHLM.  I picked it up late in the season, 72GP and 33P playing on the 3rd line most season. 

2. I have been working on my defensive skills all off-season so far, I believe they are now even with the rest of my game!

3. I think our chances this next season are great!  We showed a lot of determination in the last half of the season and let people know that we mean business.  We completely turned it around in the last half and gave Vegas a good fight!

6.  Probably change my goal scoring ability!  I want to go out there and make people nervous when I have the puck close to the net.

9.  I want to be a great goal scorer who can also see where my teammates are on the ice, a wicked shot but also a smooth passer who scares everyone when I have the puck!

10.  Although he is now retired, Matt Thompson is probably a name that will be in everyones head for a long time to come.. Coming off a phenomenal final season, He has been top 4 in goals and top 9 in points for the last 4 seasons!  He puts the puck in the back of the net, averaging 52+ goals a season on his career, ANIMAL!

On 11/4/2019 at 9:56 AM, rjfryman said:

Satisfied, it went well but not great.

I may look at making the switch to forward, rack up some points.

They aren't great, I expect to be traded to be honest

I may go up to NYA next season, we'll see how I feel.

I want to be a better shooter, hopefully my work I put in will help

Defense, defense defence.

On 11/4/2019 at 7:56 AM, rjfryman said:

1. Well my performance this last season got me a job with Mexico City so I'm stoked!

2. My skating and touch around the net.

3. This will be my first season with Mexico City and in the VHLM as a whole.

4. I'm going to be with Mexico City and they seemed out my player so I'm excited about that.

5. I'm hoping that I get drafted to a place who wants to build around a premier scorer and set-up man.

6. My strength, as I am a big guy I don't actually have a lot of power right now.

7. My skating so far is my top quality and for a big man it's essential.

8. Size and offensive awareness.

9. I want to be a kind of player that Lindros was but without the concussion history.

10. I look up to anyone who wore a jersey as I want to be a pro someday as well.

A: I was happy with it but I feel like I only showed a very small amounts of what I can do.

A: I think my posting and skating have been what I have worked on the most.

A: Staying with Halifax, the ceiling is the cup. No excuses.

4. If you are going to be drafted and play in the VHL, which team do you hope drafts you?

A: *Nervously answers after draft* Definitely Riga 

5. What kind of player do you want to be?

A: I'm a scorer I want to be the player that scores the most goals and my highlights blow up on the internet.

6. What do you bring to a VHL team?

A: Definitely some elite scoring, I'm not ready yet but the VHL better look out for when I am.

1. What are you too early predictions for yourself this season?

2. What do you wish to practice the most this season?

3. What is a personal Goal for yourself this season?

4. What do you think your team will do this season?

5. What is your pre-workout playlist?

6. Who do you think your model your game after?

7. If you could play with any VHL player past or present who would you play with.

8. Where do you think you will be drafted next season?

9. Who do you look up to most in your locker-room currently and why?

10. What do you think is your biggest strength? 

9 hours ago, rjfryman said:

2. What do you wish to practice the most this season? - nothing specific just my overall abilities 

3. What is a personal Goal for yourself this season? - to win the cup 

4. What do you think your team will do this season? - make it to the playoffs

6. Who do you think your model your game after? - Finn Davison

7. If you could play with any VHL player past or present who would you play with. - Scotty Campbell

9. Who do you look up to most in your locker-room currently and why? - the gm you know he’s the guy who took a chance and drafted me 

1. How has your team doing so far in this early part of the season?

2. How do you feel about your performance so far this season?

3. Do you feel like your training has paid off so far?

4. Do you think you will change some of your training? To what?

5. Who has been your teammate you enjoy playing with the most so far?

6. If you could change one thing about your team so far what would it be?

7. What do you think is the biggest weakness in your team so far? 

8. What is your pre-game meal?

9. What superstition do you have about your game? 

10. How do you feel about your team captains? Any advice to them?

On 11/14/2019 at 5:19 AM, rjfryman said:

6. Who do you think your model your game after?

3. My personal goal is to assist on 50 goals. I want to be a setup man

4. I think our team is stacked and we will run the table.

5. Mostly filled with tracks from Foo Fighters or course!

6. I model my game after Marc Savard but with more size.

8. I think I will probably go late in the first round to some team

10. My biggest strength is my touch passes and ability to give long range passes

On 8/11/2018 at 8:17 AM, Tagger said:

This is a thread designed to help newer members and players get the full 2 TPE out of Press Conferences if they haven't received enough questions and will be updated with new questions every Saturday. If you answer 6 of these questions, you will receive 2 TPE.

If you've already answered enough questions in other press conferences to reach 2 TPE, then you do not need to answer these questions (These questions here do not grant an additional 2 TPE on top of the 2 TPE you've already earned)

1) Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole?

It's competitive. In order to stay relevant, you have remain dedicated and put forth an effort. 

2) Are there any areas in the league that you would like to see a change/improvement? 

I'm just a player, but 'you, do you'... 

3) The VHLM Newsletter launched earlier this week, did you read it and was it helpful to you? 

There's a newsletter? 

4) What are your aims this season in the VHLM?

I'm going to Pinky and Brain it...take it over!

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup?

I'm on the Minnesota Storm...so with me as their goaltender....I think we're in the talk for top contending teams, and no one should overlook us. 

6a) Is there any player on your VHL team that you're particularly looking forward to playing with when you make the VHL? (For players who were also in the VHL Draft)

6b) What do you think of your current VHLM team? (If you were selected in the VHLM Draft)

6c) If a GM were to make you an offer, what kind of player would they be getting? (If you're currently unaffiliated). 

WINS. 

Reveal hidden contents

@cheidebrecht @SirRupertBarnes@colton14@ColeMrtz21 @Sonnet @AdamEss @Tacocat @Rad Russian@Steve Razyn  @McWolf @Flyershockey90 @Bdlondon @ventsan @Schmidt @Arayvenn @pierogituxedo @Greenert11  @brownboy102@bdu754 @Scorpio @DrHexDex @Reckasaur @Foehammer @Tigerteeo @DBCrumpets @Jerramy @Claust @Mike_Houle @mhart97 @Desjar @Joobles  @Lefty @Harri Abraham @KingChance @Deeks @Brian Yearwood @MrMaxx44 @muharibshakur @deathsoftx @leafsman @flowseidon @canadiancookie @North12420@bobby  @BloodMustache  @DC_92 @Taupert97 @iamgrant2149 @golferbml @Zetna @Potato @Nelson @803 @FuzzyLeeroy @devilsfan35@Deft @Drob127 @Jose Gonzalez @Doomzday @Sublime @Keywi @DurdenBrandSoap @jlowenstein @Bazmandoo22 @RJHockey21 @Pelimies @UltraMick @Nick Blagden @T65 @Dijital @DickRobbins @JaacTree @bagelbitesisbae @VV2O4 @ViIIains @Tniz15 @Galchenyuk_is_God @Josh Ho-Train @McCan @SidTheKid87 @Jubo07 @mjrv21 @nymets5 @SupaStu @Rykonen @Rzerk  @Sook @Sllaym @ZST @libbyfanaccount  @tomppa169 @BarzalGoat @stucky71  @Sixersfan549 @Renegade56 @Jimbo @sanlitun @alecbama @Dtayl @Saucetonia @SlapshotDragon  @Reives  @Joseph Wolf @MrYams @CahillNFLD

@Glebbread @DaftRaincloud @nicolas01 @ChrisF @RickRandals @Russell Jerome @LordTony @DonaldJWafer

@BBNAT@Whip @canucksHD @Hunter @david_mccarthy22 @Elhandon @skyhighTBE @jrodwire

@Caleb Snoe

@STiN  @bryanxm  @Enorama @ADV @evrydayimbyfuglien @AnthonyOuellet @ShawnGlade @AndrewWarren13 @Symmetrik @Frank @BOOM™ @Trifecta @tfong @KyleS56 @Kian Lopushinsky

1)I think the league is great. Things run smoothly and it helps players to feel more welcome.

2)Make it easier for new members to understand how the TPE system works. I had a little trouble with that but otherwise it has been really easy to follow.

3)Yes I read it. It was very helpful and I am getting more excited for the rest of my career.

4)This season I am aiming to become a better player all around and get GMs to offer me contracts.

5)I think that the Ottawa lynx have a very good chance for winning the cup.

6c)If a GM made an offer they would be getting an all around good player who has the potential to help there team.

1 I think this is a really good league and i am ready to get started and become a franchise player!

2) Maybe the TPE system I think it is a bit difficult to get some TPE and the people that are really in to the game will be way better than the rest. 

3) I read it and seemed to give me a better understanding on what is happening Thanks. 

4) My aims this season is to become a good and maybe a franchise player.

5) I predict that the Ottawa Lynx have a really good chance in winning the cup

6)c) I am a hard working forward I like to grind on the for check and will do anything to win day in and day out 

1)I think the league is great. Things run smoothly and it helps players to feel more welcome.

2)Make it easier for new members to understand how the TPE system works. I had a little trouble with that but otherwise it has been really easy to follow.

3)Yes I read it. It was very helpful and I am getting more excited for the rest of my career.

4)This season I am aiming to become a better player all around and get GMs to offer me contracts.

5)I think that the Ottawa lynx have a very good chance for winning the cup.

6c)If a GM made an offer they would be getting an all around good player who has the potential to help there team.

Not sure. I want to score goals I guess.

Hockey.

20 points.

Probably suck because they'll have me.

Would like to play with my buddies and zeph who already has a player but it is unlikely we will play on the same team for a while if at all.

I'm dope as fuck my dudes.

Show what the LML line can do.

Tying my shoes.

15 assists and 25 points.

My guess is that we will play like shit, but we'll see.

7. If you could play with any VHL player past or present who would you play with. 

Odin Omdahl/Zepheter because he got me and my buddies to join.

Hopefully the same team as Zepheter. It would be cool to have all four of us on the ice at the same time.

1. What are your too early predictions for yourself this season? 

I'm gonna kick a lot of people in the face with mafeet.

Using mafeet.

100 hits(pretty much kicks).

Win a couple games, lose a couple, and repeat most likely.

Foot stepping asmr.

Somewhere warm so I don't have to wear shoes on mafeet. 

Mafeet.