VHLM Player Press Conference

Tagger

Well, Berocka did the Davos press conference so I figured I'd go and help out the VHLM a bit with this one.

1. The draft has come and gone. If you were drafted, are you happy with the team that selected you? If you were a waiver signing, why did you choose the team you did?

2. If you could sign with any VHLM team based purely upon their logo, where would you go?

3. Who's winning the cup this season? Take a look at the teams here if you're unfamiliar with them.

4. Are there any VHL teams that look interesting to you? Where do you hope you'll be drafted? If you've already been drafted by a VHL team, what's it like?

5. Describe your player in ten words or fewer.

6. What's something that the league would be interested to know about you as a person?

4 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

Well, Berocka did the Davos press conference so I figured I'd go and help out the VHLM a bit with this one.

1. The draft has come and gone. If you were drafted, are you happy with the team that selected you? If you were a waiver signing, why did you choose the team you did?

Neither happened to me this season but I am glad I was drafted by Yukon

2. If you could sign with any VHLM team based purely upon their logo, where would you go?

The aces

3. Who's winning the cup this season? Take a look at the teams here if you're unfamiliar with them.

Yukon!

4. Are there any VHL teams that look interesting to you? Where do you hope you'll be drafted? If you've already been drafted by a VHL team, what's it like?

It's nice seeing who across the VHLM I'd be partnered with in a few seasons

"Defensive" Dman

6. What's something that the league would be interested to know about you as a person?

I can consistently get about 8 capped a week and I like to stick to one or two teams for my players.

21 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

pretty happy with the team I ended up.

Probably Las vegas.

My team. That's the reason why all of us are here.

Not really, just draft me and I will be happy.

Stupid sexy Flanders playing RW

I hate answering questions, but I do it to get the TPE. Also I am a Zombie that plays hockey.

I am neither but I am happy to be with yukon.

Probably miami.

3. Who's winning the cup this season? Take a look at the teams here if you're unfamiliar with them.

It will probably come down to Yukon or Las vegas. 

Its a pretty simple process, Im glad I was picked by DC.

2 - way centre 

Not interested in individual awards, just wanna win a cup with yukon

• 2 weeks later...

. The draft has come and gone. If you were drafted, are you happy with the team that selected you? If you were a waiver signing, why did you choose the team you did?

Yeah Im happy that Calgary drafted me 

I would say The Marauders one looks alright

3. Who's winning the cup this season? Take a look at the teams here if you're unfamiliar with them.
I hope that it will be Calgary that wins

Calgary is a good team and I enjoy playing for them

His shooting is clinically shit 99 days out of 100.

While on a Skype call with other sim leaguers, I accidentally started a small fire in my microwave.

1) Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole?

RB: We boss I am not too sure since I have still haven't complete been claimed by a team yet but man the canteen and the stands are nice around here.

2) Are there any areas in the league that you would like to see a change/improvement? 

RB: Seat selection as I have been sitting for a few hours now and it would be nice to have more coushions and even a place to put my feet up. Have maybe even a place to play the last VHL video game with the others waiting to be selected by a team?

3) The VHLM Newsletter launched earlier this week, did you read it and was it helpful to you?

RB: Sorry, I am too new so I didn't even know what the VHLM Newsletter is/was so nope it wasn't helpful at all. I am simply a blind man walking the halls waiting for someone to grab me. Like a horror movie but hopefully I play hockey rather then die.

4) What are your aims this season in the VHLM?

RB: To currently get selected to play on a team then continue to develop while helping the team win as many games. With my inexpereince I am more then willing to play the team game until I can lead by myself.

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup?

RB: Nope, Unless I get collected by I think Halifax 21 (wink wink) then it could be a long season as they looked strong in one of the games that I managed to watch today.

6a) Is there any player on your VHL team that you're particularly looking forward to playing with when you make the VHL? (For players who were also in the VHL Draft)

RB: Not drafted so I am sure I cannot answer that question atm.

6b) What do you think of your current VHLM team? (If you were selected in the VHLM Draft)

RB: No comment!! Wait are you trying to be funny?

6c) If a GM were to make you an offer, what kind of player would they be getting? (If you're currently unaffiliated).

RB: Play-making Center that I think should be responsible in both ends of the rink. I was thinking of adding some more scoring touch to my overall game but at the moment I think a center should dish the biscuits rather the eat them himself. My line-mates should love to play on either wing.

Edited by Gaikoku-hito
Rules are rules

1) I love the league, its really fun, and people are respectful.
2) Maybe in the contract signing, instead of also having to accept in the recruitment forum, maybe we should just have to click the accept button on our contract page
3) No, I actually didn't read it, but I have read a good amount of things!
4) I want to be a top 5 player on the team, and I want to be drafted top 40
5) The Halifax 21st, they have a really amazing team.
6a)  Not really, i dont know a lot of the players in the VHL, haven't done too much research.

1) Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole?

I am really enjoying it so far! It was a little confusing at first but I did some more research and I understand how it works now. The league is a really cool concept.

2) Are there any areas in the league that you would like to see a change/improvement? 

No not really, maybe a companion app for ios would be something I would want to see in the future.

3) The VHLM Newsletter launched earlier this week, did you read it and was it helpful to you?

I did read it and yes it it was helpful for me.

My aims for this season is to keep developing as a player so that maybe next season I am drafted into the VHL

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup?

Halifax is looking really good right now sitting at 37-4-1, hopefully my team Mexico City can go far in the playoffs this

year.

6a) Is there any player on your VHL team that you're particularly looking forward to playing with when you make the VHL? 

Probably Markus Emerson Jr. He is a good leader and a good goaltender as well.

6b) What do you think of your current VHLM team? (If you were selected in the VHLM Draft)

The General Manager and Assistant General Manager were very welcoming and I am glad they gave me an offer to play for them. So far I really enjoy playing for Mexico City.

6c) If a GM were to make you an offer, what kind of player would they be getting? (If you're currently unaffiliated).

They would be receiving a two way Center Man. I can do anything I am needed, whether its backchecking, forechecking, scoring, blocking shots, etc.

On 8/11/2018 at 8:17 AM, Tagger said:

This is a thread designed to help newer members and players get the full 2 TPE out of Press Conferences if they haven't received enough questions and will be updated with new questions every Saturday. If you answer 6 of these questions, you will receive 2 TPE.

If you've already answered enough questions in other press conferences to reach 2 TPE, then you do not need to answer these questions (These questions here do not grant an additional 2 TPE on top of the 2 TPE you've already earned)

6a) Is there any player on your VHL team that you're particularly looking forward to playing with when you make the VHL? (For players who were also in the VHL Draft)

Reveal hidden contents

@cheidebrecht @SirRupertBarnes@colton14@ColeMrtz21 @Sonnet @AdamEss @Tacocat @Rad Russian@Steve Razyn  @McWolf @Flyershockey90 @Bdlondon @ventsan @Schmidt @Arayvenn @pierogituxedo @Greenert11  @brownboy102@bdu754 @Scorpio @DrHexDex @Reckasaur @Foehammer @Tigerteeo @DBCrumpets @Jerramy @Claust @Mike_Houle @mhart97 @Desjar @Joobles  @Lefty @Harri Abraham @KingChance @Deeks @Brian Yearwood @MrMaxx44 @muharibshakur @deathsoftx @leafsman @flowseidon @canadiancookie @North12420@bobby  @BloodMustache  @DC_92 @Taupert97 @iamgrant2149 @golferbml @Zetna @Potato @Nelson @803 @FuzzyLeeroy @devilsfan35@Deft @Drob127 @Jose Gonzalez @Doomzday @Sublime @Keywi @DurdenBrandSoap @jlowenstein @Bazmandoo22 @RJHockey21 @Pelimies @UltraMick @Nick Blagden @T65 @Dijital @DickRobbins @JaacTree @bagelbitesisbae @VV2O4 @ViIIains @Tniz15 @Galchenyuk_is_God @Josh Ho-Train @McCan @SidTheKid87 @Jubo07 @mjrv21 @nymets5 @SupaStu @Rykonen @Rzerk  @Sook @Sllaym @ZST @libbyfanaccount  @tomppa169 @BarzalGoat @stucky71  @Sixersfan549 @Renegade56 @Jimbo @sanlitun @alecbama @Dtayl @Saucetonia @SlapshotDragon  @Reives  @Joseph Wolf @MrYams @CahillNFLD

@Glebbread @DaftRaincloud @nicolas01 @ChrisF @RickRandals @Russell Jerome @LordTony @DonaldJWafer

@BBNAT@Whip @canucksHD @Hunter @david_mccarthy22 @Elhandon @skyhighTBE @jrodwire

@Caleb Snoe

@STiN  @bryanxm  @Enorama @ADV @evrydayimbyfuglien @AnthonyOuellet @ShawnGlade @AndrewWarren13 @Symmetrik @Frank @BOOM™ @Trifecta @tfong @KyleS56 @Kian Lopushinsky

1) At first I wasn't expecting much to be honest but once I joined and signed my first contract I really got impressed by how huge this league is. After a week, I'm still impressed how everything works togheter and how active it is.

2) Not really, so far everything seems just fine

3) I did look a little but not for very long, I'm still exploring the different treads on the forum

4) My aims this season is to learn how to progress well in this league and to help my team going far in the playoffs even if I'm not a top player. If I can help a little, I'm happy to do it.

5) Halifax seems to have a strong team but my heart goes with Saskatoon.

6) My VHML team is helping me a lot, they answer to all my questions and its been a really fun week so far.

Edited by domg5
typos

On 9/14/2020 at 1:59 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. I signed with the Saskatoon Wild because I wanted to be a part of a winning team

2. Miami

3. Saskatoon ;)

4. Vancouver since it used to be a Quebec team, it would be an honnor to play for them.

5. my player is a power forward winger who can also play 2-ways

6. I get along with most people

• 4 weeks later...

The draft occurs tomorrow, but in response to the question, I would be happy with being drafted to any of the VHL teams.  

The Mexico City Kings.  I like the vibrant colours and the Mayan (?) headdress.

Helsinki Titans.  They seem to be moving in the right direction and have a culture of winning.

I have been approached by a number of teams and I would be happy to go to any of these.

An offensive threat, yet defensively responsible.

Very little upsets me.

• 1 month later...

I feel like the whole "game" of this is being a writer, having the capabilities to do a radio show, or being something of an artist. I think I already hit my peak with the art thing and I haven't latched on to anything to analyze and I'm not very good at it. I think TPA should have hard limits and larger declines to incentivize builds rather than just maximizing TPE and ignoring the site for a week, or complaining to your GM that you haven't gotten a presser this week to finalize your 12 for five days. There's probably a lot more to the game of it all for GMs, in fact. But as a player I think there should be more to it than putting points in. Maybe working toward specific traits, or whatever you'd like to call them, to individualize player profiles. To actually answer the question, I'm ambivalent. The community is healthy, and though I don't know anyone they mostly seem decent in discord. I don't really like the game behind it.

Nah. I think Discord is really the way this thing works though. If there was some way to give a visual representation of the game in a recap, perhaps feeding the full game profile through some app and making a little video out of it would really be awesome to see how the game played out. Perhaps putting big banners on the site like "THE DRAFT WILL HAPPEN AROUND BLAH BLAH BLAH DAY." Also maybe giving people a tutorial for a tpe submission to ease them in? 

The what? No. Where are the links? 

I guess to make enough impact to actually land on a decent team. I'm doing as much as I can. I donated. My draft stock is going to sit at a solid #15 or so I think for the sake of being on Mississauga and being a waiver signing screwing up the community's average TPE formula. I'd also like to reverse engineer the sim formulae, but that's probably not going to happen.

I'm going with a Dark Horse here and saying the San Diego Marlins.

6b) What do you think of your current VHLM team?

Our lockerroom is really inactive outside of non-team members dropping by to maybe drop a line of smack talk. Bacon seems to some extent like he's trying but we don't have much going on from anyone, nor much TPE generation or heads up about opportunities. I'm not trying to be negative, but it's getting to that point. Yay. I was so excited when I first signed up, too.

• 2 weeks later...

The VHLM is WAY overcrowded , new users seem to get left in the dust at this period of the league and theres not enough room for 1st gens to enjoy the game enough to get more involed 

VHLM GMs actually using the farm system rather than playing 150+tpe guys 4th line and other team have 70 tpe guys 2nd line

never got it ? where do i subsicribe ?

My aims this season was to get on the ice 

The Reapers or the Kings , Carson could steal the Cup for the reapers 

IDK Any VHL Teams yet tbh lol 

Unfortunately my experience in missisauga has been the opposite of what i expected and i really hope that the organization can turn themselves around becuause this really doesnt look good when you look at the other teams , all of them ...

• 9 months later...

6c) If a GM were to make you an offer, what kind of player would they be getting? (If you're currently unaffiliated)

1) so far I am all excited and cannot wait for the matches and the beginning of a new week to claim all my capped TPE's

2) I just seems a pity to me that there appears a lack of eligible players for all the VHLM team, as a lot have to make the roster up with bots. But then again this might be due to players moving on to higher leagues.

3) I have not read it

4) to become a better player and help my team to be successful. And if I get drafted by the end of the season, the better.

5) I think the fruits hang too high this season realistically, since the franchise is in a rebuild.

6) I like the Hounds (even more so because of their successful past and because they drafted my brother as well, so we can play in the same team).

• 2 weeks later...

I think this league is a very friendly league and I love it, at least the locker room is. 

No, I don't think there is a way to improve so far. I'm still new, so my only suggestion is maybe make the way to get points the 2nd or 3rd thing you see? Sometimes it's a pain and I forget where everything is.

No, I didn't read it, I can't answer the second question.

Play, that's about it.

Honestly, no clue

While I'm not unaffiliated, I try to be as hardworking as possible (juggling the SBA and VHL is stressful tbh)

• 1 month later...

I am a returning member, but I feel like I am new. I think the changes that have been made in my 60+ season absence are great. I think the league is in an even better place then when I left.

The areas I would have previously suggested have been addressed. The portal to update your player is a HUGE addition. This makes things much easier, and user friendly for new users.

I have not, but I will now.

I hope my player is able to produce, and develop at a good pace. I am young on TPE, but getting first line minutes means my player has a roll to play.

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favorite for the VHLM Founders Cup?

The Mexico City Kings, obviously.

I'll have to see when I get there.

A young team on the rise, I think we are ready to go beyond expectations.

A player who works hard, and is a natural skater. I like to shoot, but I am focused on building a balanced offensive player.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a thread designed to help newer members and players get the full 2 TPE out of Press Conferences if they haven't received enough questions and will be updated with new questions every Saturday. If you answer 6 of these questions, you will receive 2 TPE.

If you've already answered enough questions in other press conferences to reach 2 TPE, then you do not need to answer these questions (These questions here do not grant an additional 2 TPE on top of the 2 TPE you've already earned)

Reveal hidden contents

@cheidebrecht @SirRupertBarnes@colton14@ColeMrtz21 @Sonnet @AdamEss @Tacocat @Rad Russian@Steve Razyn  @McWolf @Flyershockey90 @Bdlondon @ventsan @Schmidt @Arayvenn @pierogituxedo @Greenert11  @brownboy102@bdu754 @Scorpio @DrHexDex @Reckasaur @Foehammer @Tigerteeo @DBCrumpets @Jerramy @Claust @Mike_Houle @mhart97 @Desjar @Joobles  @Lefty @Harri Abraham @KingChance @Deeks @Brian Yearwood @MrMaxx44 @muharibshakur @deathsoftx @leafsman @flowseidon @canadiancookie @North12420@bobby  @BloodMustache  @DC_92 @Taupert97 @iamgrant2149 @golferbml @Zetna @Potato @Nelson @803 @FuzzyLeeroy @devilsfan35@Deft @Drob127 @Jose Gonzalez @Doomzday @Sublime @Keywi @DurdenBrandSoap @jlowenstein @Bazmandoo22 @RJHockey21 @Pelimies @UltraMick @Nick Blagden @T65 @Dijital @DickRobbins @JaacTree @bagelbitesisbae @VV2O4 @ViIIains @Tniz15 @Galchenyuk_is_God @Josh Ho-Train @McCan @SidTheKid87 @Jubo07 @mjrv21 @nymets5 @SupaStu @Rykonen @Rzerk  @Sook @Sllaym @ZST @libbyfanaccount  @tomppa169 @BarzalGoat @stucky71  @Sixersfan549 @Renegade56 @Jimbo @sanlitun @alecbama @Dtayl @Saucetonia @SlapshotDragon  @Reives  @Joseph Wolf @MrYams @CahillNFLD

@Glebbread @DaftRaincloud @nicolas01 @ChrisF @RickRandals @Russell Jerome @LordTony @DonaldJWafer

@BBNAT@Whip @canucksHD @Hunter @david_mccarthy22 @Elhandon @skyhighTBE @jrodwire

@Caleb Snoe

@STiN  @bryanxm  @Enorama @ADV @evrydayimbyfuglien @AnthonyOuellet @ShawnGlade @AndrewWarren13 @Symmetrik @Frank @BOOM™ @Trifecta @tfong @KyleS56 @Kian Lopushinsky

I mean, as you’ve said I haven’t been in this league for long however, right off the bat I can see that it’s a combination of a well maintained league with many many friendly people 

One thing is the ease to post and complete tasks to earn points as I’m still trying to figure out how to reply and post however, it’s most likely a result of me being new so I can’t complain.

Sorry, I haven’t read the newsletter

My sim is to progress onto a decent player inside the league and help my team progress into the cup

Ottawa are looking cup favorites for the moment

no, I’ve come in the league recently and was not apart of the VHL draft

I signed with the team and think I could help the team progress into a very well formed team

Well, I have already signed with New Mexico however, I think they’re getting an amazing defensive player that will help stop most goals that go his way

• 3 months later...
On 12/12/2021 at 9:10 AM, Dabnad said:

1.  It’s the best non SBA sim league easy.
2.  Not really no. 
3. I’ve read it in the past, and it has 

4. To be one of the best defensemen in the league.

5. Waiting for the draft to answer that.

6c. Two way defenseman who will get a lot of hits.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/11/2018 at 6:17 AM, Tagger said:

Reveal hidden contents

@Caleb Snoe

1. The league is great the community seems very helpful and supportive . I’ve enjoyed my short time in this league and look to be a contributing member as well .

2. currently too new to the league to answer I don’t see any issues right now that I would change honestly .

3. honestly no I have not

4. Contribute on and of the ice for my team and help in any way that I can .

5. I might be biased a bit but I think the lynx have a very good chance at the cup this year.

6b . We have a great balance and group this year . 

• 2 weeks later...

I will be a waiver signing this season before I am draft eligible. I will be making a choice shortly on which team I will go to but looking forward to a new start.

I always liked the Marlins logo, not sure why but sticks out

Hopefully my retired players team, London!

I would definitely love to be back in Calgary as my retired player but I am open to any team.

An offensive players that make people say "ooooo" when showing off his skills

6)What's something that the league would be interested to know about you as a person?
That this is my 3rd back to back VHL player!

• 2 months later...

1. What part of the vhl has been your favorite so far? The Junior Showcase Tourney where my team has been doing pretty solid.

2. What is the most impressive part of your game? Offensive Vision for sure.

3. What do you think you are most known for to your team mates? A Bad Man to see on the ice.

4. If you won the lottery what would you do first? My answer is not league friendly, and would probably get me tested for something, you know what i'm saying? Lots of paid expenses.

5. What movie can you watch nonstop and still love? All Dogs go to Heaven

6. What is the oldest piece of equipment you own? Still own a helmet from college. 

• 2 months later...

- The league is pretty friendly. Everyone i've chatted with has been super helpful. 

- Nothing i've noticed yet. I've been on site for a week so still getting a feel for everything. 

- I did not get a chance to read it. Actually, this is the first i've heard of it. Newbie problems lol.

- Have a good time. Build a solid player. Help my team get some Wins. 

-I don't know much about the teams, So i'm going to go with my team, The Mexico city Kings. 

- I really like the. The Branding is solid. The team is an awesome bunch of guys and i really can't wait to get started and see what we can do. 

• 1 month later...

1) Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole?

So far my recreate has been pretty fun. I’m looking forward to the off-season and going through the draft. I enjoyed my time with Houston even though there weren’t many actives on the team. Hoping to be drafted by a team that has a good group of active members.

I think the waiver system is a work in progress. I brought up some concerns to the VHLM Commishes and they made some quick changes and improvements. I still feel it could be built upon giving newer members a better feeling of prospect hype. I also entered the league at TD so that would impact that feeling. 

I haven’t read this latest one. I helped do GFX and even edited a couple editions a few seasons ago - I think there’s some real value in the project.

I’d love to be on a championship winning team. I’m still trying to figure out what I really want from this player - however I’m just here to enjoy the community. Would be cool to play with some members I haven’t played with before.

I think San Diego is a powerhouse. Mexico made some big TD additions. I think at the end of the day the Marlins will take it home.

Well they would be getting a member that knows how to make a solid player. I’m pretty reliable for TPE earning. I’m a veteran member who can contribute to LR activity and even pitch in ideas from a management perspective.

• 4 weeks later...

Press Conference 

1. The league seems like it will be alot of fun once I get the hang of it. I have a few buddies who have been at it for awhile and they love it. 
  2. No, seems well run to me. 
  3. I did not. 
  4. My goals are to get my feet wet, get the hang of the weekly points and make a good impression with my teammates. 
  5. No idea who the favorite would be. 
  6. C) GMs would be getting a hard working, physical presence. A total team guy willing to do whatever it takes to get the W. 

• 3 weeks later...

1. Honestly this is by far one of the coolest sim leagues I've been in. I like how fast seasons go while still playing 72 every season and how long this league has been running is bonkers.

2. I think Steven Mcdard is serverely underlooked. He's only got 66 TPE points used but is still performing at a point per game pace.

3. As of now Mexico City is clearly running away with it as we are 20-2 on the season but other teams are still keeping up.

4. Our discord is pretty awesome, it's pretty active and the guys are always getting hyped for the games and to see how we did.

5. I know it looks really intimidating but its actually really easy to create a player and dont be afraid to try things out, you get one free reroll.

6. I dont think I'll be insanely high as Im not the most creative person and I don't really enjoy writing. I wish there was some way to earn more TPE by interacting with the community in some other way such as playing games or participating in discord and stuff.