VHLM Player Press Conference

Tagger

1. Where do you see yourself going in the draft?

Now that the VHLM draft has been a while ago and we're past halfway through the VHLM season, it's kind of hard to tell where I'll go in the VHL draft.  Especially since we're not at the point where I'm talking to VHL teams yet.  I would say maybe early second round/late first round?  A lot of it depends on what teams need goalies and where they're picking - the way I fell in the VHLM draft is a sign of that.

2. What do you think is your biggest selling point to VHL teams?

I can handle pressure as a goalie.  I've been in a situation with Yukon where I'm facing a lot of shots, so I'm used to being in a situation where I have a lot of responsibility when it comes to trying to win games.  I think dealing with that kind of pressure early in my career is beneficial for my development.

3. How do you feel you add to a lockerroom?

I think I'm a pretty experienced, chill presence and can help out some younger players.  If I do say so myself.

4. Who will be the first person not in the room with you that you will call once you get drafted?

Probably my mom.  My dad's been with me every step of the way and has helped me out a lot, but he'll probably be in the room with me.  My mom is probably going to be busy back home because of her job, but she was so important to my childhood and the person that I work toward becoming, so I'm definitely going to call her first - both to update her and thank her for everything that she's done.

5. Out of all the players in the VHL, who do you model your game after?

Rayz Funk from the Seattle Bears.  I look up to how well he's performed in the playoffs and how instrumental he's been to helping his team win cups.  That's the kind of thing I'd like to do when I make the VHL.

6. What do you want your legacy to be in the VHL?

I want to be remembered as someone who was liked and trusted by his teammates, and a player who was a very important part of the teams he played for.  Obviously I have aspirations that are more specific, but until I have more of an idea how my career is going to go, I can't really speak to anything outside of what I've already mentioned.

Anyone who is able to acquire my services gets a two-for-one deal since I can play two sports expertly

Conner Low, and I fail miserably at doing that unfortunately

I mean I'd like to be regarded as a top defenseman but that's been a struggle so far

• 2 weeks later...

1. Where do you see yourself going in the draft?

Honestly, I'd hope to go #1. My brother was the humble type, but I want to be the best.

Offense. You want a fourth forward on the ice?

Consistent conversation. Not gonna let us slip when things get easy or sulk when things get hard.

4. Who will be the first person not in the room with you that you will call once you get drafted?

Beaviss

5. Out of all the players in the VHL, who do you model your game after?

Smitty Werbenjaegermanjensen (spelled from memory, I think it's close). Offense juggernaut.

Points. Points were the one thing that kept Jagger from an individual trophy, and I'm not going away without one.

As i will be heading into the VHLM Dispersal Draft, I am hoping to see myself go to a recent expansion franchise.

2. What do you think is your biggest selling point to VHL teams?

I understand the game. I will be a positive voice in the LR.

3. How do you feel you add to a locker-room?

I am not the most vocal, but I am a positive voice around the room.

I won’t be calling anyone, I have a drive planned to my hometown cemetery.

Jake Wylde. Reason a defensive trophy is named after him.

Hard working consistently showing up each day.

1. What first made you love hockey and want to play for the VHL?

It was a sport I was attracted to cause it appears short people like myself have the opportunity to succeed. Not many other sports seem to be that way.

2. What do you do when you do not play hockey?

I like to hang out and create random products for people to buy. My agent and me created a mobile game, I have a line of vape pens and occasionally I will get asked to be in film and T.V. 

3. What is something your team does not know about you and your playing ability?

I am a pure defensive dman. I don't take a lot of shots and I'm not going to be putting up 20 plus goals a season. I focus on the defenseive side of my game. 

4.Who do you look up to in your locker-room? VHL as a whole?

I mean I am a free agent right now, so not in any VHL locker-rooms. I keep hearing about Hulk Hogan being in the league. I want to beat people up like him

5. What goals do you have in the VHL? If you could be know for one thing in the VHL what would it be?

My goals are to be drafted and win a Cup within my first three seasons in the league. After that I don't have much expectations. 

6.How do you see yourself in 3 seasons?

As I stated in the previous questions, I hope to be drafted and making an impact on a roster that is challenging for the cup. 

18 hours ago, Smarch said:

It was a sport I was attracted to cause it appears short people like myself have the opportunity to succeed. Not many other sports seem to be that way.

2. What do you do when you do not play hockey?

I like to hang out and create random products for people to buy. My agent and me created a mobile game, I have a line of vape pens and occasionally I will get asked to be in film and T.V. 

3. What is something your team does not know about you and your playing ability?

I am a pure defensive dman. I don't take a lot of shots and I'm not going to be putting up 20 plus goals a season. I focus on the defenseive side of my game. 

4.Who do you look up to in your locker-room? VHL as a whole?

I mean I am a free agent right now, so not in any VHL locker-rooms. I keep hearing about Hulk Hogan being in the league. I want to beat people up like him

5. What goals do you have in the VHL? If you could be know for one thing in the VHL what would it be?

My goals are to be drafted and win a Cup within my first three seasons in the league. After that I don't have much expectations. 

6.How do you see yourself in 3 seasons?

As I stated in the previous questions, I hope to be drafted and making an impact on a roster that is challenging for the cup. 

Not sure what I did to get beat up but I retired fighting. If you'd like ill put you on the top of list to get beat by Tanky

I have no idea honestly. I don't think I will go super high in the VHLM or VHL draft as I have been kind of a bust with 2 players now.

I'd like to think I am a good locker room presence and I know a lot of people. I also plan on being a top scorer so that could be cool too.

Mentioned above. I know a lot of people and am usually around to chat!

Not in the room? What? The devil won't be because #Blessed

I don't know the VHL that well but whoever is a pure scorer.

Hopefully a top 10 scorer in the league at some point and a glue piece for a dynasty.

1a. Honestly no idea where I’ll go but I hope I can contribute wherever I go in my first full season 

2.what do you think is your biggest selling point to VHL teams?

2a. That I’m a great locker room guy and that I’m willing to put the team success in front of my own

3.how do you feel about you add to a lockerroom 

3a.as I said to the last question I think I’m a good locker room guy and I’m always around to help teammates 

4. who will be the first person not in the room with you that you will call once you get drafted?

4a. That’s a good question but I would say my high school hockey coach as he helped me a lot in training to get here

5.out of all the players in the VHL, who do you model your game after?

5a. I don’t know the VHL well enough to give a specific player but someone who’s a all around playmaker 

6. What do you want your legacy to be in the VHL 

6a. Hopefully someone who can score a lot and have a lot of points but I want to be a glue piece of a dynasty even if it’s not the biggest piece 

10 hours ago, TXC said:

Not sure what I did to get beat up but I retired fighting. If you'd like ill put you on the top of list to get beat by Tanky

I mean you can put me on whatever list your heart desires, but I think you misunderstood me. I want to beat me people up like Hulk Hogan does. 

5 hours ago, Smarch said:

I mean you can put me on whatever list your heart desires, but I think you misunderstood me. I want to beat me people up like Hulk Hogan does. 

Oh okay, still gonna get your ass beat

I'll be heading to the VHLM draft. I just hope that a team drafts me.

I am determined to play my hearts out for my team. 

I'm not very talkative honestly but I will still be there for anyone. 

My coaches that has helped me to get to where I am now. 

Well, I don't know any VHL players yet but definitely someone with a great scoring ability. 

I want to be someone that is known to score and be there for the team when needed. Basically, great teamwork and scoring ability. 

Being able to showcase ability on skates in a tough game and the VHL is the highest level of hockey so it works!

1. What do you do when you do not play hockey?

Lexi is a part time model and figure skater as well so that!

1. What is something your team does not know about you and your playing ability?

Figure skating helps the overall dexterity on the ice and helps Lexi be an above average forward

1. Who do you look up to in your locker-room? VHL as a whole?

No one. There are a lot of people actually that I enjoy but too many to name!

1. What goals do you have in the VHL? If you could be know for one thing in the VHL what would it be?

Be a top 3 scorer for a VHL franchise. Scoring the puck is what I aim to do first and foremost.

1. How do you see yourself in 3 seasons?

Hopefully as a rookie in the VHL or in my 2nd year there.

I've always wanted to do things people say girls can't do. So here I am

1. What do you do when you do not play hockey?

I eat, It takes a lot of food to keep this 5'5 frame fueled up for hockey.

1. What is something your team does not know about you and your playing ability?

I don't have a team yet. So my team knows nothing about me.

1. Who do you look up to in your locker-room? VHL as a whole?

Nobody yet... But, as a 5'5" skater, I'll be looking up to most people.

1. What goals do you have in the VHL? If you could be know for one thing in the VHL what would it be?

I intend to be everyone's favorite teammate... I'll help you score

1. How do you see yourself in 3 seasons?

I see myself coming off a couple MVP caliber seasons in the M.  They are not ready for me.

What first made you love hockey and want to play for the VHL?

I enjoyed spending time with some of the players from the VHL and eventually figured it'd be even more fun to join the league

What do you do when you do not play hockey?

I play football or basketball as well in leagues similar to this one (EFL, SBA)

What is something your team does not know about you and your playing ability?

I'm a very hardworking guy and sometimes get way too competitive for my own good

Who do you look up to in your locker-room? VHL as a whole?

Renomitsu is a great user who's super smart and super awesome and with a big player under his belt it's hard not to look upto him tbh

What goals do you have in the VHL? If you could be know for one thing in the VHL what would it be?

I would like to win a personal award and a championship before I hang up the skates but I understand that things happen and that there's a good chance that may never happen. If I could do one thing in the VHL it would be being an important player on a championship team.

How do you see yourself in 3 seasons?

In a draft class like this one I don't see myself going early, however I plan on surprising the public and proving my doubters wrong and that's what I see myself doing in 3 seasons

Edited by Jeffie43

1. What VHL team logo do you like best?

Prauge and DC, they have the nicest if the new Gen VHL teams. I still enjoy the Americans and Wranglers as a old school gens.

2. What VHLM team do you want to be drafted by?

One that is competing for the Founders Cup. I hope to get at least 10 minutes a game along the way. Outside of that, I would go anywhere,

3. Is your player a blonde, brunette or redhead?

I have a bald head, but if it wasn’t it use to be black. So none of the above.

4. Weirdest thing in your hockey bag?

Match sticks. A good old game of hotfoot for guys about to enter the shower is a great way to pass time.

5. Coloured tape for your stick, totally yes or absolute no? why?

I go with black or white. I don’t need my stick for much so I only go through a roll each season.

6. Funniest thing about your player? 

Im 5’5, 140lbs. Need I say more. 

Stolen from the Ottawa Lynx Press Conference:

1. What was your favourite moment from this past season? (Preferably Player or Team related)

When Riga won the Championship. Im a fan of the team and their GM, as he has been one of the better ones in the league for quite some time.  

2. What are your expectations for the draft?

As I am entering the VHLM Dispersal Draft and I am one of the less known talents, I see myself going late second to early third round in the draft tomorrow. 

3. When you move up to the VHL, are there any teams that you would prefer to play for?

Prague, DC, London, Malmo, Moscow, Warsaw, Chicago, Los Angeles. Not in any specific order, but the newer teams catch my attention. 

4. How have you been enjoying your offseason time?

Working out alone due to the Pandemic is quite weird, but it also makes it more enjoyable and all on myself to make sure I am pushing. 

5. What is your favourite kind of food?

Meatloaf and homemade Mac and Cheese. My grandma use to make it and I have since taken over since she passed on. 

6. Who is your favourite member in the league that is not on our team?

I don't talk, follow or get ahold of anyone in the league. I don't have any favorites. 

Questions:

1. What part of the vhl has been your favorite so far?

2. What is the most impressive part of your game?

3. What do you think you are most known for to your team mates?

4. If you won the lottery what would you do first?

5. What movie can you watch nonstop and still love?

6. What is the oldest piece of equipment you own?

5 hours ago, rjfryman said:

Questions:

1) I would have to say my favorite part of the VHL (VHLM included) would have to be the unique system for player development. I very much enjoy writing, so having a unique chance to make it worth something (even something as debatable as fake internet player points)has been very enjoyable for me.

2) I would have to say my most impressive part of my game is my reflexes. I have made quite a few (not to toot my own horn) amazing saves this season. Another not-so-tracked attribute I think stands out about me is my perseverance. Even after starting out with the worst team in the league, I still stuck with it and tried my best to make it work in a bleak situation.

3) I think I'm most known for managing to get hurt somehow. As you can ask my teammates, they love to aim for areas that I don't appreciate, the obvious one, Matty likes to take shots off my head, and they try to hit the back of my legs to mess with me. In all seriousness, I think they think of being a great guy both on and off the ice. I always keep a positive attitude and I drive others to search for success. 

4) If I won the lottery, I would not tell anyone. Nobody. As soon as one person hears about it, there will be a thousand people you might have spoken to you once begging for money. So to answer the question, I would stay quiet.

5) I would have to say that I can watch Inglorious Basterds over and over again nonstop. Hans Landa, portrayed by Christoph Waltz, is one of my favorite villains of all time. Not to mention the incredible storylines of the Basterds themselves, as well as Shoshanna and her revenge plot. Not to mention I like to listen and try to recognize and be able to listen to the scenes with French and German without subtitles. 

6) The oldest piece of equipment I own? That would have to be my pads. I might repaint them every now and then, but they're always the same ones that I've used since juniors.

Definitely everything extra the league does to keep things fresh and moving smoothly. Records, history and statistics are my jam.

Shooting. My high school coach didn't give me a break and everything our team had an advantage I was thrown on the ice and played on both units as the one-timer guy, with a lot of practice and red lights I'm confident in saying that's the best part of my game.

Probably being the last person to arrive in the locker room, I love sleep and I need lots of it if I'm going to be throwing pucks at the net all night.. Hey I've made it to every game, practices are different!

Save it so I can buy things in the player store.

The Goonies, Beverly Hills Ninja and Pineapple Express.

Actually my most used piece is my hockey stick. Believe it or not I've had this stick since the beginning of high school, not sure if it's all the tape I use or my blasts are faster than they are hard or it's just plain luck.

Definitely the people I've talked to 

My shot and skating skills

A rather quiet person in the locker room?

Put into my savings and slowly spend it 

Don't watch movies often but I have some tv shows that I love. Dr Ken, The Odd Couple and Man with a plan

Shin pads

Questions:

Will the Move from Home for hockey for the 1st is awesome and to be in mexico city is crazy.

I'm move of a all round player. that well help in anyway that i can to help my team win a game

Im being here only a short time. not sure if im really known that well be my teammates. but that will come once the season gets going

Buy my parents a new house after all they give up alot for me to play a game i love for most of my life so far

All the back to the future movies. just to have the dreams of wishing you could do that in real life and go back in time.

Still have my 1st pair of skates.  which is odd for most players from what i hear but i just dont have the heart to get rid of them.

Questions:

going to the finals was really cool.

long and effective strides.

to keep a low profile? is that an oxymoron hahaha

buy some new sticks.

I don't think there's a movie I could watch nonstop without going insane.

probably a goalie mitt from when I was a kid. :)

• 4 weeks later...

While I'm not particularly active in it atm, it's the community

My playmaking, although it's definitely unintentional given I have 99 scoring and 95 passing

Being their assist man probably

Not tell anyone else that I've won the lottery

I don't actually watch that many movies, can't think of the last time I watched a movie for a second time but it was a long while ago.

I've got a pair of hockey socks that I never used cause I don't play hockey

1. What part of the VHL has been your favorite so far?

The friendships that I've made and the memories that I'll have for the rest of my life.

I am very resilient. I've been knocked down in both hockey and in my life, over and over and over again, so I can take a few hard knocks from time to time.

3. What do you think you are most known for to your teammates?

I have yet to play a game yet, but I can't wait to rip rope and make some nicer saucer passes right to Markus Schauer. Hopefully my teammates will know me as the guy who can do what it takes to when, when the team is most in need.

Buy some new hockey gear. Pretty broke right now, but hoping to make some big bucks off my first contract.

The Lord of the Rings never gets old. Doesn't matter which one. I can watch any of them time and time again. My favourite is The Return of the King though.

Been wearing the same jockstrap for about 8 years now.

Edited by Thranduil

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2018 at 5:17 AM, Tagger said:

1) Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole?

Really enjoy it, and I’m excited to join a team!

2) Are there any areas in the league that you would like to see a change/improvement?

Not that I’ve seen so far, I’m still to new. 

3) The VHLM Newsletter launched earlier this week, did you read it and was it helpful to you?

I have not read it yet.

4) What are your aims this season in the VHLM?

Would like to have a high scoring player with a consistent TPE increase.

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup?

Dont have a favorite, still learning the ins and outs of the league.

6a) Is there any player on your VHL team that you're particularly looking forward to playing with when you make the VHL? (For players who were also in the VHL Draft)

6b) What do you think of your current VHLM team? (If you were selected in the VHLM Draft)

6c) If a GM were to make you an offer, what kind of player would they be getting? (If you're currently unaffiliated). An active player who will make an effort to progress and increase in TPE as the season progresses.

Reveal hidden contents

@cheidebrecht @SirRupertBarnes@colton14@ColeMrtz21 @Sonnet @AdamEss @Tacocat @Rad Russian@Steve Razyn  @McWolf @Flyershockey90 @Bdlondon @ventsan @Schmidt @Arayvenn @pierogituxedo @Greenert11  @brownboy102@bdu754 @Scorpio @DrHexDex @Reckasaur @Foehammer @Tigerteeo @DBCrumpets @Jerramy @Claust @Mike_Houle @mhart97 @Desjar @Joobles  @Lefty @Harri Abraham @KingChance @Deeks @Brian Yearwood @MrMaxx44 @muharibshakur @deathsoftx @leafsman @flowseidon @canadiancookie @North12420@bobby  @BloodMustache  @DC_92 @Taupert97 @iamgrant2149 @golferbml @Zetna @Potato @Nelson @803 @FuzzyLeeroy @devilsfan35@Deft @Drob127 @Jose Gonzalez @Doomzday @Sublime @Keywi @DurdenBrandSoap @jlowenstein @Bazmandoo22 @RJHockey21 @Pelimies @UltraMick @Nick Blagden @T65 @Dijital @DickRobbins @JaacTree @bagelbitesisbae @VV2O4 @ViIIains @Tniz15 @Galchenyuk_is_God @Josh Ho-Train @McCan @SidTheKid87 @Jubo07 @mjrv21 @nymets5 @SupaStu @Rykonen @Rzerk  @Sook @Sllaym @ZST @libbyfanaccount  @tomppa169 @BarzalGoat @stucky71  @Sixersfan549 @Renegade56 @Jimbo @sanlitun @alecbama @Dtayl @Saucetonia @SlapshotDragon  @Reives  @Joseph Wolf @MrYams @CahillNFLD

@Glebbread @DaftRaincloud @nicolas01 @ChrisF @RickRandals @Russell Jerome @LordTony @DonaldJWafer

@BBNAT@Whip @canucksHD @Hunter @david_mccarthy22 @Elhandon @skyhighTBE @jrodwire

@Caleb Snoe

@STiN  @bryanxm  @Enorama @ADV @evrydayimbyfuglien @AnthonyOuellet @ShawnGlade @AndrewWarren13 @Symmetrik @Frank @BOOM™ @Trifecta @tfong @KyleS56 @Kian Lopushinsky

Reveal hidden contents

@cheidebrecht @SirRupertBarnes@colton14@ColeMrtz21 @Sonnet @AdamEss @Tacocat @Rad Russian@Steve Razyn  @McWolf @Flyershockey90 @Bdlondon @ventsan @Schmidt @Arayvenn @pierogituxedo @Greenert11  @brownboy102@bdu754 @Scorpio @DrHexDex @Reckasaur @Foehammer @Tigerteeo @DBCrumpets @Jerramy @Claust @Mike_Houle @mhart97 @Desjar @Joobles  @Lefty @Harri Abraham @KingChance @Deeks @Brian Yearwood @MrMaxx44 @muharibshakur @deathsoftx @leafsman @flowseidon @canadiancookie @North12420@bobby  @BloodMustache  @DC_92 @Taupert97 @iamgrant2149 @golferbml @Zetna @Potato @Nelson @803 @FuzzyLeeroy @devilsfan35@Deft @Drob127 @Jose Gonzalez @Doomzday @Sublime @Keywi @DurdenBrandSoap @jlowenstein @Bazmandoo22 @RJHockey21 @Pelimies @UltraMick @Nick Blagden @T65 @Dijital @DickRobbins @JaacTree @bagelbitesisbae @VV2O4 @ViIIains @Tniz15 @Galchenyuk_is_God @Josh Ho-Train @McCan @SidTheKid87 @Jubo07 @mjrv21 @nymets5 @SupaStu @Rykonen @Rzerk  @Sook @Sllaym @ZST @libbyfanaccount  @tomppa169 @BarzalGoat @stucky71  @Sixersfan549 @Renegade56 @Jimbo @sanlitun @alecbama @Dtayl @Saucetonia @SlapshotDragon  @Reives  @Joseph Wolf @MrYams @CahillNFLD

@Glebbread @DaftRaincloud @nicolas01 @ChrisF @RickRandals @Russell Jerome @LordTony @DonaldJWafer

@BBNAT@Whip @canucksHD @Hunter @david_mccarthy22 @Elhandon @skyhighTBE @jrodwire

@Caleb Snoe

@STiN  @bryanxm  @Enorama @ADV @evrydayimbyfuglien @AnthonyOuellet @ShawnGlade @AndrewWarren13 @Symmetrik @Frank @BOOM™ @Trifecta @tfong @KyleS56 @Kian Lopushinsky