VHLM Player Press Conference

Tagger

1) Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole?

At first, the site was a bit confusing, especially being used to other sim leagues, but the community has been good and I am enjoying meeting some new people and all the Shushing of Nyko that is going on, is astounding.

2) Are there any areas in the league that you would like to see a change/improvement? 

I am not familiar enough with the league yet to really make that call. Maybe have less Nyko? Is that possible?

3) The VHLM Newsletter launched earlier this week, did you read it and was it helpful to you?

I have not read it and nor am I even really aware of what it is, perhaps I will go and read it now and check out more of what this site has to offer. One question, does Nyko write for it, cause that would be a detriment.

4) What are your aims this season in the VHLM?

Shush Nyko is going to be the greatest in the world and go down in history as the best. He will Shush all the Nykos and win. 

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup?

Is is ok to say whatever team drafts me? They will be forever known as the best team the league has ever seen. If not them, well I'd have to say San Diego is a good city and they should win.

6c) If a GM were to make you an offer, what kind of player would they be getting? (If you're currently unaffiliated).

A hard working, fast player, with good hands and a laser for a shot. I will be around the net a lot looking to get those goals.

What VHL team logo do you like best?
I'm rather partial to the Malmo Logo

What VHLM team do you want to be drafted by?

I'm on Mexico currently and wouldn't be opposed to returning

Is your player a blonde, brunette or redhead?

Brownish Blonde being from Denmark

Weirdest thing in your hockey bag?
Three Neck guards, depending on which I want to wear.

Colored tape for your stick, totally yes or absolute no? why?
Nah I prefer a standard black or white

Funniest thing about your player?
He is pretty bad at hockey despite being a hockey player.

Edited by Velevra

1. What are your plans for next season? Going up, or staying down?

Staying down as it will only be my second season.

2. What are your goals for next season? How do you expect to perform?

I dont like to set expectations as I always blow the roof off of any that I set. But in all seriousness I expect to be one of the top defensive d-men of my class.

3. Do you have any teams you like outside of your own? If so, why?

In the big-leagues, yes. Calgary. Because they are famous for their cattle, just like I am.

4. Would you rather win 3 cups in your career, or never win a cup but build a Hall of Fame player?

Hall of fame player. Builds better mystique.

5. What's your favorite song that I don't know?

Eddie Meduza - Volvo. It is not only my favourite song, its the only song I listen to.

Eddie Meduza - Volvo

6. Outside of hockey, sports, or sim leagues, what are your hobbies? How do you spend your free time?

A question that I can't answer in character?! oof. I love being outdoors so I do a lot of hiking. I also really love making stuff myself, as long as I can eat or drink it so I brew beer and mead, bake my own bread, ferment veggies etc. Stuff like that. Also play in a Doom band which is fun.

On 8/28/2019 at 9:33 AM, GustavMattias said:

I'll post another here if anyone needs it:

1. If you've formed a connection with any member outside of your own team, who is it and why? If you haven't, has anyone stood out to you as someone you'd like to get to know?

2. What's the most well-done point task you've completed this season? If you're new, do you have any big plans for future submissions?

3. Describe what's good about this league in five words or fewer.

4. Do you know of any VHL players whose build you may want to emulate in the future? If not, find one, and say who it is here.

5. Look at the roster of Vancouver, as well as Helsinki and Riga (or, if the series is over by the time you answer, either Helsinki or Riga, depending on who won) and predict who will get the Cup in the finals.

6. If you could control where the latest expansion team were to go, where would you put it and what would you name it?

1. Haven't yet formed a connection with anyone on the site apart from Berocka but that happened before the VHL.

2. The only one I have really done is the rookie profile

3. When I get a shutout

4. Alexander Pepper I think

5. Vancouver I think but as that is unfair now I think Helsinki could go all the way in s68

6. Sydney and Melbourne obviously, Sydney Kangaroos and Melbourne Magpies

1. If you've formed a connection with any member outside of your own team, who is it and why? If you haven't, has anyone stood out to you as someone you'd like to get to know?

Condor Adrienne. As mentioned earlier he has been a mentor to me.

2. What's the most well-done point task you've completed this season? If you're new, do you have any big plans for future submissions?

I would have to say my introductory piece of Media. I'm pretty happy with how that turned out.

3. Describe what's good about this league in five words or fewer.

Getting to know people. Hockey.

4. Do you know of any VHL players whose build you may want to emulate in the future? If not, find one, and say who it is here.

Sydney Crosby. He's got a neat build that's focused more on the defensive side first which is definitely my plan going forward. 

5. Look at the roster of Vancouver, as well as Helsinki and Riga (or, if the series is over by the time you answer, either Helsinki or Riga, depending on who won) and predict who will get the Cup in the finals.

Vancouver looks like they might be the favourites going into this one. 

6. If you could control where the latest expansion team were to go, where would you put it and what would you name it?

I'd probably put it in a budding hockey nation like Switzerland. Probably in Zurich. I'd call them the Zurich Eagles I think. 

On 8/11/2018 at 7:17 AM, Tagger said:

This is a thread designed to help newer members and players get the full 2 TPE out of Press Conferences if they haven't received enough questions and will be updated with new questions every Saturday. If you answer 6 of these questions, you will receive 2 TPE.

If you've already answered enough questions in other press conferences to reach 2 TPE, then you do not need to answer these questions (These questions here do not grant an additional 2 TPE on top of the 2 TPE you've already earned)

1) Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole?

2) Are there any areas in the league that you would like to see a change/improvement? 

3) The VHLM Newsletter launched earlier this week, did you read it and was it helpful to you?

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup?

6a) Is there any player on your VHL team that you're particularly looking forward to playing with when you make the VHL? (For players who were also in the VHL Draft)

6b) What do you think of your current VHLM team? (If you were selected in the VHLM Draft)

6c) If a GM were to make you an offer, what kind of player would they be getting? (If you're currently unaffiliated).

Reveal hidden contents

@cheidebrecht @SirRupertBarnes@colton14@ColeMrtz21 @Sonnet @AdamEss @Tacocat @Rad Russian@Steve Razyn  @McWolf @Flyershockey90 @Bdlondon @ventsan @Schmidt @Arayvenn @pierogituxedo @Greenert11  @brownboy102@bdu754 @Scorpio @DrHexDex @Reckasaur @Foehammer @Tigerteeo @DBCrumpets @Jerramy @Claust @Mike_Houle @mhart97 @Desjar @Joobles  @Lefty @Harri Abraham @KingChance @Deeks @Brian Yearwood @MrMaxx44 @muharibshakur @deathsoftx @leafsman @flowseidon @canadiancookie @North12420@bobby  @BloodMustache  @DC_92 @Taupert97 @iamgrant2149 @golferbml @Zetna @Potato @Nelson @803 @FuzzyLeeroy @devilsfan35@Deft @Drob127 @Jose Gonzalez @Doomzday @Sublime @Keywi @DurdenBrandSoap @jlowenstein @Bazmandoo22 @RJHockey21 @Pelimies @UltraMick @Nick Blagden @T65 @Dijital @DickRobbins @JaacTree @bagelbitesisbae @VV2O4 @ViIIains @Tniz15 @Galchenyuk_is_God @Josh Ho-Train @McCan @SidTheKid87 @Jubo07 @mjrv21 @nymets5 @SupaStu @Rykonen @Rzerk  @Sook @Sllaym @ZST @libbyfanaccount  @tomppa169 @BarzalGoat @stucky71  @Sixersfan549 @Renegade56 @Jimbo @sanlitun @alecbama @Dtayl @Saucetonia @SlapshotDragon  @Reives  @Joseph Wolf @MrYams @CahillNFLD

@Glebbread @DaftRaincloud @nicolas01 @ChrisF @RickRandals @Russell Jerome @LordTony @DonaldJWafer

@BBNAT@Whip @canucksHD @Hunter @david_mccarthy22 @Elhandon @skyhighTBE @jrodwire

@Caleb Snoe

@STiN  @bryanxm  @Enorama @ADV @evrydayimbyfuglien @AnthonyOuellet @ShawnGlade @AndrewWarren13 @Symmetrik @Frank @BOOM™ @Trifecta @tfong @KyleS56 @Kian Lopushinsky

1 everyone has been extremely helpful and that makes a person feel at home comfortable because when that happens for me i play better and am on top of my game

2 since I haven't been hete long I can't answer that question definitely

3 since this is my first day i haven't read yet but I will

4  1 make the team 2 score 25 goals 3 get into the playoffs 4 make a long run maybe even win it all

5 not really i'll leave it up the coach to make that decision but hopefully can create some chemistry and then anything can happen

6 I want to score goals i hsve all the way through juniors and am hoping to do here too while taking care of my defense

1) So far I like the league and the community. A lot of great people who seem very involved with this league.

2) Well it's my first day in the league so I don't have any suggestions as of this moment, everything seems pretty good!

3) I did skim through the newsletter and found some pretty handy tips and info I'll be sure to use throughout my career here.

4) My aims are just to learn the ropes a bit and improve on my passing abilities throughout the year.

5) Looking at the standings it seems Houston is off to a strong start to the year as well as Yukon, however I have full faith in Minnesota this year

6c) I am definitely a player that likes to try setting up his linemates, try to feed them on the tape in high chance areas, pull defenders towards me with my speed and puck skills, that sort of thing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2019 at 3:40 PM, Harpskii said:

1.  What is your inspiration on playing hard in the league? - Winning for the team

2.  Have you found it hard to get a start in the league scoring wise? - Nope as I’m a goalie 

3.  Have you had any issues so far with your current team? - no sir

4.  If you could pick to be on any team who would it be? - I’m on the perfect team, I can’t think of any other team to be on.

5.  Who is your favorite player in the league and what makes that player stand out the most for you? - Jeff Tates he’s the best player in the league, and he’s on my team

6.  Is there a specific player or players that you would love to play with?- I don’t know most of the new players.

• 2 weeks later...

1. What are your plans for next season? Going up, or staying down? 

Just created a player. Excited to make an impact and hope to keep consistent activity this time around.

2. What are your goals for next season? How do you expect to perform? 

I plan to establish myself as a decent do-it-all defenseman. 

3. Do you have any teams you like outside of your own? If so, why? 

My old player was on Philly, but I'd like to try out a new team and meet new people.

4. Would you rather win 3 cups in your career, or never win a cup but build a Hall of Fame player? 

Ideally I'd like to do both. I feel like they go hand-in-hand. Winning is important, but by building a Hall of Fame player, I'm being the best teammate I can be.

5. What's your favorite song that I don't know? 

While I listen to most genres of music, I don't have a favorite song. 

6. Outside of hockey, sports, or sim leagues, what are your hobbies? How do you spend your free time? 

Doing schoolwork. I play college hockey so that sort of controls my way of life. I spend most of my free time watching YouTube, but most of the time it's just highlights from NHL games.

1.) How do you feel your VHLM season went from an individual standpoint?

2.) How do you feel your VHLM season went from a team standpoint?

3.) Outside of your team, which VHLM team do you believe has the best combination of team name, location, and logo?

4.) What is your favorite type of Chinese food?

5.) If you're eligible for the upcoming VHL Draft, in which round do you think you'll be selected?

6.) If your player didn't pick hockey, what sport do you think they'd play?

7.) Any VHL teams that you're hoping select you?

8.) Any VHL teams that you'd refuse to play for?

9.) What VHL team do you believe has the best combination of team name, location, and logo?

10.) Who do you believe is going to win the Founder's Cup this year?

On 10/20/2019 at 6:49 PM, flyersfan1453 said:

3.) Outside of your team, which VHLM team do you believe has the best combination of team name, location, and logo?

5.) If you're eligible for the upcoming VHL Draft, in which round do you think you'll be selected?

9.) What VHL team do you believe has the best combination of team name, location, and logo?

1. I feel I could have done better than last place in the GAA department but I am happy with the save % and look to improve both.

2. I feel our roster was disappointed with last seasons performance and it will serve as good fuel to improve for the next.

3. I like them all! Very unique and different branding and I like that every team isn't like the others.

4. Lo mein noodles.

5. If I got drafted in the VHL it would probably be in the later rounds like Round 5+.

6. MMA

7. Anywhere close to home near Toronto. If not then somewhere that can provide with a great opportunity for improvement.

8. Not unless I was given a reason to reject them do to conflict of interest.

9. I like both of the new team logos a lot!

10. Whoever wants it more.

On 10/21/2019 at 8:49 AM, flyersfan1453 said:

1. I think I did well, but could always be better+

3. Hounds I like dogs

4. Honey Chicken & fried rice

6. Netball if it was available for Guys or be a star swimmer

9.  I Like Prague's the logo is cool

10. Yukon all the way

VHLM Players Answer 3 for 1 Capped TPE or 6 for 2 Capped TPE:

1. The Playoffs are mid way? Who do you have as the favorite to win?

2. If you are still playing what are you doing differently than in the regular season?

3. If you are resting and preparing for the draft what do you think is the best thing to do to raise your draft stock?

4. Who has been the hardest player to play against this season?

5. If you could change any part of your play what would you do differently?

6. What is your greatest strength in your game? 

7. What is your locker-room like?

8. What is your pre-game ritual?

9. What is the first song in your workout playlist?

10. What do you want in a team when you get drafted?

55 minutes ago, rjfryman said:

2. If you are still playing what are you doing differently than in the regular season?

3. If you are resting and preparing for the draft what do you think is the best thing to do to raise your draft stock?

8. Well, my pre-game ritual is to do warm-ups with a player stick. I don't know why, it just seems lucky to me.

5. I'd probably improve my skating. I need to be more smooth as I skate across my crease. Besides, skating is crucial to hockey. I mean, how else will we get around on the ice?

1. Probably the Houston Bulls. They've been strong in the regular season and have been pretty good in the playoffs.

9. In The End - Black Veil Brides

6. Probably my reaction time. I've been working to have a really good reaction time and it's paid off.

3. Improve overall. I mean, I was good in Midget but this is the best of minor leagues. I need to be really good. When it comes to more specifically, I have to work on my skating.

6 hours ago, rjfryman said:

1. It's going to be close so I can't say who will win but I wish them all good luck!

3. Training and Focus

4.  There have been a lot of strong players that gave me a hard time in net on the Top Lines.

5. Better awareness of who is in front of me for both teams, everyone has different tendencies that I want to figure out.

6. I don't quit on rebounds and I stand tall to shut down threatening chances.

7. We had a good group of guys but the chemistry was still fairly new.

8. Off ice: Neck, shoulder, legs, core, and groin stretches. On ice: I do the butterfly slides left to right or right to left and then the splits all by the bench, and then props the back up Goalie and scratch up my crease and take some shots for warmies.

9. Decimate the Weak - Winds of Plague

10. I want a team full of players that also want to win Championships.

The Malmo Nighthawks and the Houston Bulls.

Well we just got eliminated but I think we really came together as a team in the 1st round and everything was clicking. Sucks we got ran over in the 2nd round.. Shit happens.

Jeff Tates, I didn't even come close to taking the puck off his stick this season. He's quik and very smart, hard to keep track of him during games.

Probably need to bulk up if I want to make it in the VHL, next season I'm hitting the gym more than I ever have.

Being able to play wherever the coach needs me. I enjoy playing an all around game and being able to help the team out in all areas is what I strive to do.

DMX - I Can Feel It

Edited by diacope

1) What has been your experience in your first season? Was it what you expected?

2) Are you apart of any other Sim leagues or are you going to join any?

3) Who is the nicest member you have met outside your team?

4) Will you go up to the VHL next season? Why or why not?

5) What was your favourite memory about this season?

6) If you could create a team where would they be located and what would be their logo?

7) In the offseason where do you go on holiday to?

? What was the biggest surprise for you this season?

9) Which VHL star do you want to be like?

10) If hockey were to be made illegal what job would your player do.

On 8/11/2018 at 8:17 AM, Tagger said:

This is a thread designed to help newer members and players get the full 2 TPE out of Press Conferences if they haven't received enough questions and will be updated with new questions every Saturday. If you answer 6 of these questions, you will receive 2 TPE.

If you've already answered enough questions in other press conferences to reach 2 TPE, then you do not need to answer these questions (These questions here do not grant an additional 2 TPE on top of the 2 TPE you've already earned)

6a) Is there any player on your VHL team that you're particularly looking forward to playing with when you make the VHL? (For players who were also in the VHL Draft)

6b) What do you think of your current VHLM team? (If you were selected in the VHLM Draft)

Reveal hidden contents

@cheidebrecht @SirRupertBarnes@colton14@ColeMrtz21 @Sonnet @AdamEss @Tacocat @Rad Russian@Steve Razyn  @McWolf @Flyershockey90 @Bdlondon @ventsan @Schmidt @Arayvenn @pierogituxedo @Greenert11  @brownboy102@bdu754 @Scorpio @DrHexDex @Reckasaur @Foehammer @Tigerteeo @DBCrumpets @Jerramy @Claust @Mike_Houle @mhart97 @Desjar @Joobles  @Lefty @Harri Abraham @KingChance @Deeks @Brian Yearwood @MrMaxx44 @muharibshakur @deathsoftx @leafsman @flowseidon @canadiancookie @North12420@bobby  @BloodMustache  @DC_92 @Taupert97 @iamgrant2149 @golferbml @Zetna @Potato @Nelson @803 @FuzzyLeeroy @devilsfan35@Deft @Drob127 @Jose Gonzalez @Doomzday @Sublime @Keywi @DurdenBrandSoap @jlowenstein @Bazmandoo22 @RJHockey21 @Pelimies @UltraMick @Nick Blagden @T65 @Dijital @DickRobbins @JaacTree @bagelbitesisbae @VV2O4 @ViIIains @Tniz15 @Galchenyuk_is_God @Josh Ho-Train @McCan @SidTheKid87 @Jubo07 @mjrv21 @nymets5 @SupaStu @Rykonen @Rzerk  @Sook @Sllaym @ZST @libbyfanaccount  @tomppa169 @BarzalGoat @stucky71  @Sixersfan549 @Renegade56 @Jimbo @sanlitun @alecbama @Dtayl @Saucetonia @SlapshotDragon  @Reives  @Joseph Wolf @MrYams @CahillNFLD

@Glebbread @DaftRaincloud @nicolas01 @ChrisF @RickRandals @Russell Jerome @LordTony @DonaldJWafer

@BBNAT@Whip @canucksHD @Hunter @david_mccarthy22 @Elhandon @skyhighTBE @jrodwire

@Caleb Snoe

@STiN  @bryanxm  @Enorama @ADV @evrydayimbyfuglien @AnthonyOuellet @ShawnGlade @AndrewWarren13 @Symmetrik @Frank @BOOM™ @Trifecta @tfong @KyleS56 @Kian Lopushinsky

1) the league looks very organized and i'm excited to get going. I like the idea of having to work to improve my abilities.

2) I don't see anything I would change, I can't wait to get drafted and find the VHLM team to get my start with.

3) I did! It really helped me get a stronger grasp of what the league is about and how to be a better player.

4) I'm hoping to have a strong rookie season to impress some of the higher ups in the VHL and get selected early in the VHL draft.

5) Honestly I think Houston is going to have another strong season and take the league by storm, they are a deep team that is going to be successful.

6c) The team that drafts me is going to be getting a highly skilled puck-moving defenseman capable of not only snapping tape-to-tape break out passes, but quarterbacking a powerplay and working the puck to the big-guns as well.

1. The Playoffs are mid way? Who do you have as the favorite to win? Should be interesting, but I don't really have a favorite to win.

2. If you are still playing what are you doing differently than in the regular season? Not playing, so I guess what I am doing differently is not playing.

3. If you are resting and preparing for the draft what do you think is the best thing to do to raise your draft stock? Do more work and get more teeps.

4. Who has been the hardest player to play against this season? Sorensen, dude is a beast.

5. If you could change any part of your play what would you do differently? Be a bit more aggressive with the puck.

6. What is your greatest strength in your game?  Shooting, I am a natural born sniper.

7. What is your locker-room like? Boring, it is pretty dead tbh.

8. What is your pre-game ritual? Coffee and Cigarettes?

9. What is the first song in your workout playlist? LGFUAD by Motion City Soundtrack

10. What do you want in a team when you get drafted? I want to have fun.

On 10/29/2019 at 11:18 PM, Berocka said:

1) What has been your experience in your first season? Was it what you expected?

6) If you could create a team where would they be located and what would be their logo?

1) My experience was really great, I loved the community around the VHLM and even given resent events I'm still proud to be part of that community.

2) I am apart of the SBA and technically the EFL but that one hasn't really gripped me.

3) @GustavMattias I think he is a pretty good guy and @okocha5 is pretty cool.

4) I'm not sure but I feel like I have unfished business in Halifax 21st.

5) Definitely the excitement of the Locker room after completing the reverse sweep in the first round!

6) Hmm hometown would be Melbourne but in the Americans would be Los Angles and the logo would be guy playing hockey in a speedo.

On 10/29/2019 at 8:18 AM, Berocka said:

1) What has been your experience in your first season? Was it what you expected? Yeah better than I expected actually

2) Are you apart of any other Sim leagues or are you going to join any? SHL; GOMHL; EFL

3) Who is the nicest member you have met outside your team? I’d say @Banackock or @GustavMattias; they’re some of the few guys that where friendly after my departure entering LV 

4) Will you go up to the VHL next season? Why or why not? Nope, and it’s because I don’t have the TPE

5) What was your favourite memory about this season? Making it into the playoffs and recording a shutout

6) If you could create a team where would they be located and what would be their logo? The Fijian Mosquitoes idk about the logo

On 10/29/2019 at 8:18 AM, Berocka said:

7) In the offseason where do you go on holiday to?

? What was the biggest surprise for you this season?

9) Which VHL star do you want to be like?

10) If hockey were to be made illegal what job would your player do.

#1. At first I was very unsure on just how to earn TPE. I slowly learned how. I've gained confidence creating graphics and now am writing a bit. One frustrating thing is the Career point tasks nowhere does it say in the fine print certain tasks are for s70 players or newer. I've done two career tasks that were time frame accurate for by player but were rejected due to my player being s69. So work completed but no tpe.  This needs to be fixed.  Say you open " Prospect scouting report" it should say in the guidelines s70 or newer. So guys like me dont waste our time completing these career tasks. Beyond frustrated when it comes to this. 

#2. I am just a member of this league. No intentions of trying out another league. Im content here.

#3.  I was released by the Saskatoon Wild so I'm guess I can mention ex teammates or ex management. 100% @Elmebeck he has answered more of my questions than I could even keep track of. @Tagger joined the Wild late in the season but he has been very helpful sharing his vast knowledge. 

#4. I'm sitting below 200 TPE. I'm going to make the jump after next season and should be in the 300 tpe range or higher.

#5. Scoring my first hatrick was pretty special.

#6.  The Hectanooga Hooligans from middle of nowhere Nova-Scotia , Canada or the Etobicoke Eclipse in Ontario canada. Logo for hooligans would be a mischievous hooded character. Logo for the Eclipse would be an angry sun. 

18 hours ago, BigBallerFromDownUnder said:

1) My experience was really great, I loved the community around the VHLM and even given resent events I'm still proud to be part of that community.

2) I am apart of the SBA and technically the EFL but that one hasn't really gripped me.

3) @GustavMattias I think he is a pretty good guy and @okocha5 is pretty cool.

4) I'm not sure but I feel like I have unfished business in Halifax 21st.

5) Definitely the excitement of the Locker room after completing the reverse sweep in the first round!

6) Hmm hometown would be Melbourne but in the Americans would be Los Angles and the logo would be guy playing hockey in a speedo.

What would the Melbourne team be called? I wrote a full expansion for Australia and oceania. I went wit Melbourne Matildas. 

I've been a little inactive because of university, so I ended up not playing for a team this season. Looking forward to the draft though. 

Probably just gonna stay in the VHL for now. 

Hard to say. A lot of nice people around these parts... 

Probably won't be able to reach enough TPE to go up after this season. If I can I'd be impressed with myself. 

5) What was your favourite memory about this season? 

Joining a locker room and the coach forgetting to offer me a contract XD. 

Not sure about a logo but the thought of an Irish team is pretty cool.