VHLM Player Press Conference

Tagger

1) I really like the league. There are a lot of helpful posts to guide you through everything and many people who can answer any questions. I also like how fast the seasons are.

2) No, the league seems good how it is.

3) I did not read it.

4) I hope to continue to progress and gain TPE as my draft is upcoming.

5) I think the Marauders are a favorite for the VHLM founders cup as they are currently third in a very tough conference and three points away from leading the league.

6b) I’m very happy with the play of our team in Miami and I hope to keep playing well and improve the team.

1) So far it's been great and i've had nothing but positive experiences and interactions

2) I feel that as of now the league is pretty up to par and is good as is

3) I have not had the opportunity to read it 

4) I hope to be putting up a point per game as I'm going into my draft year

5) I consider the Miami Marauders to be a favorite for the VHLM founders club

6b) Im overall happy with the team and think that the GM is doing great

PRESS CONFERENCE TO ANSWER

I feel this thread needs a newer press conference to answer, so feel free to answer these 6 questions for 2 TPE :)

1. How are you enjoying your player’s experience in the VHLM? What positives and negatives have you experienced?

2. What team do you play for? What is your favourite thing about your team?

3. If you could add a team to the VHLM, where would this team be located and what would their mascot be?

4. How is your player’s performance this season? Underperforming to your standards? Over performing?

5. What team do you want to be drafted to in the VHL? If you don’t have a preference, what would you want your future VHL GM to know about you?

6. Tell me your dream vacation! I’ve always wanted to visit Hawaii, something an island in the middle of nowhere makes me happy.

Edited by AJW

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2023 at 12:36 AM, AJW said:

I feel this thread needs a newer press conference to answer, so feel free to answer these 6 questions for 2 TPE :)

1. How are you enjoying your player’s experience in the VHLM? What positives and negatives have you experienced?

3. If you could add a team to the VHLM, where would this team be located and what would their mascot be?

4. How is your player’s performance this season? Underperforming to your standards? Over performing?

5. What team do you want to be drafted to in the VHL? If you don’t have a preference, what would you want your future VHL GM to know about you?

6. Tell me your dream vacation! I’ve always wanted to visit Hawaii, something an island in the middle of nowhere makes me happy.

1) I am thoroughly enjoying my experience as a player in the VHLM. The positives have been that I will be able to play at a highly competitive level and develop my skills as a hockey player. The negative has been the pressure to perform at my best every game, which can be overwhelming at times. And with the goal of making the VHL, you can't have too many off nights. 

2) I hope to play for the Mexico City Kings, and my favorite thing about the team is their winning mentality. They are a team that is focused on winning and always strive to be the best. It is a great environment for a competitive player like myself. One day, I hope a team just like them drafts me. 

3) If I could add a team to the VHLM, I would locate them in Toronto, Ontario and have their mascot be a bottle of maple syrup. Toronto is a great city with a diverse population, and the maple syrup represents one of the country's biggest exports.

4) My performance this season has been good on my childhood team, but I always strive to do better. I am constantly pushing myself to improve and reach my full potential as a hockey player. That can be most challenging when playing through injuries but I have been able to get it done. 

5) I am focused on doing my best and helping my team win games. If I were to be drafted into the VHL some day, I would want my future GM to know that I am a team player who is willing to do whatever it takes to win. I am also willing to work hard to continue to develop my skills and become an even better player.

6) My dream vacation would be to visit the French Riviera. I love the sun, the beaches, and the culture of the region. It would be a great opportunity to relax and enjoy some of the finer things in life. And the women aren't too shabby to look at either. 

1. I guess having just joined I haven't had a ton of experience yet, but I did have a lot of people welcome me on the forum and it seems like a really fun community to be apart of.

2. I'm not on a team yet, but I'm hoping whatever team I end up on we can both be a good fit for each other.

3. Québec City and the mascot would be Carnaval de Bonhomme from Québec City's Carnaval. This might be corny and tbh my answer isn't to be taken seriously, but as a French-Canadian goalie whose idol is Patrick Roy, I'd love for Montréal or Québec City to get a team. 

4. I haven't performed yet, but I'm excited to step out onto the ice and show my new team why they made the right decision drafting me.

5. I'd like to stay in Canada and try to win in my home country. I would hope my gm would reward my loyalty to the team and maybe I could be a one team player. 

6. Honestly, I'd love to visit Barcelona, Catalonia. I'm a huge FC Barcelona supporter and I also am interested in their history and culture. 

1.Being my first season i’m still pretty new to everything but from what I've experienced the league is really fun. I like talking to friends about our players performances and making graphics.

2. During the season I played for Miami but going into the draft my contract will expire. My favorite thing about my team so far was playing with my friends.

3. Probably Quebec City or Pittsburgh and the mascot would be Ronald McDondald.

4. BigMacs performance was pretty good. I would have liked it to be better but for my first season I’m pretty satisfied. 

5. I don’t really have a preference but I would like to be drafted at a high overall to a team that has great potential.

6. My dream vacation would be the mountains in Colorado.

• 2 weeks later...

1. It's been okay.  Been a while since I've been a part of the league so I have to get used to some new changes.  I think the biggest pros are more site related and there was some good members on the Hounds.  Negative though is I still feel the engagement levels are lacking a bit.  Even as an upcoming draftee there has been very little interaction with upcoming GMs.  

2. I currently don't play for anyone but played for Mississauga down the stretch this season.  I like the colours and the GM was good while I was there.

3. I'd go local for me and go Belleville Bulls.

4. Underperformed a bit for my expectations but this early on, its not really an important measuring stick.  I thought my player did a good job on the dot and seemed to generate offense more as the games went on so it was an encouraging sign.

5. No preference.  Tough one to answer since most are at least familiar with me but I'd say that despite not being a very vocal member of a LR, I'm always reading and am easy to interact with through dm as opposed to the group setting as I usually mute group chats just cause I use my phone for work too.

6. Italy and to do it right.  Visit several areas for a couple weeks.  Hawaii is another though 100%.

• Player:Edwin THE Encarnacion

This is a thread designed to help newer members and players get the full 2 TPE out of Press Conferences if they haven't received enough questions and will be updated with new questions every Saturday. If you answer 6 of these questions, you will receive 2 TPE.

If you've already answered enough questions in other press conferences to reach 2 TPE, then you do not need to answer these questions (These questions here do not grant an additional 2 TPE on top of the 2 TPE you've already earned)

1) Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole? - Absolutely love it, I went to the finals with Mexico last season and need to go back, ready to win with Rome and London as well.

2) Are there any areas in the league that you would like to see a change/improvement? 

Couple more points for certain tasks could definitely make them more enticing 

3) The VHLM Newsletter launched earlier this week, did you read it and was it helpful to you? - Didnt read it , to busy at the bhocks court training for the szn

4) What are your aims this season in the VHLM? - To be my teams top defender and to win the founders cup

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup? - Mexico city baby 

6a) Is there any player on your VHL team that you're particularly looking forward to playing with when you make the VHL? (For players who were also in the VHL Draft) - My current mexico city Gm Cole

6b) What do you think of your current VHLM team? (If you were selected in the VHLM Draft)Goated team, wouldn't play for any other (unless i was forced through trade)

6c) If a GM were to make you an offer, what kind of player would they be getting? (If you're currently unaffiliated). - London , Rome and Mexico got someone with great work ethic and a chip on there shoulder to prove everyone who didn't pick me wrong, Looking to be one of the greats for all of these teams

This current players experience has been pretty good winning a cup and all. Overall the M is a very special place where new members find their way around the league. I think that this leads to some of more active GMs in the league ready and willing to help.

I play for Halifax currently. My favorite part of playing for this team is it is the next cursed franchise I'll pay a visit to after visiting NYA and LDN last career.

Gotta go with my hometown. Chattanooga. As for mascots the city already has the Lookouts (named after a mountain), Mocs (short for Mockingbird and Moccasin Bend a part of the river nearby, and the Red Wolves. I think the best name still remaining is the Choo Choos

Season yet to begin but he underperformed in the off-season tourneys.

I don't have any preference. My only preference is that they don't scout me.

I have been wanting to go to Australia for a very long time.

• 4 weeks later...

1. 1. It has been a blast, since I came back, the team I signed for hasn't lost a single game. However, the lack of goals or assists I have produced is frustrating, but I guess they will start coming with improvements.

2. I play for the Mexico City Kings. I love the comradely and how much we are all focused on winning, that is what makes this team the best in VHLM

3. I would re-add the Yukon Rush, that is my main team and I was heartbroken when I saw they relocated it.

4. I have just started playing, but to be honest, I am underperforming as I thought I'd had a point by now, but more motivation to keep grinding

5. I want to be drafted by Ricer13, he was my AGM at the time in Yukon so I'd love to go back and play for him

6. I would love to visit some islands as Hawaii too! Although I've heard that the living costs in Bali are extremely cheap

Press Conference To Answer

1. As we approach the Trade Deadline, are there any moves you feel your team needs to make? Is your team's roster locked and ready for playoffs?

2. How has your player performed so far in S88?

3. Which team is your favourite? VHL, VHLE, or VHLM, and why?

4. NHL playoffs are on! Who do you cheer for? Who do you hate these playoffs?

5. Who is going to win the Stanley Cup this year? My heart says Edmonton but my mind says Boston.

6. Favourite food and drink combo?

1 hour ago, AJW said:

Press Conference To Answer

1. As we approach the Trade Deadline, are there any moves you feel your team needs to make? Is your team's roster locked and ready for playoffs?

2. How has your player performed so far in S88?

3. Which team is your favourite? VHL, VHLE, or VHLM, and why?

4. NHL playoffs are on! Who do you cheer for? Who do you hate these playoffs?

5. Who is going to win the Stanley Cup this year? My heart says Edmonton but my mind says Boston.

6. Favourite food and drink combo?

1. We're 14 points back of a playoff spot with a bit less than half a season left, so we need to build on some recent success in order to get a run to the playoffs. I'm not really sure what to expect in terms of whether we're in a position to add at the deadline, or more to keep an eye on the future. Coming off a lot of postseason success recently, it might be part of the development cycle to retool a little.

2. I've been moderately pleased with my rookie season so far individually. I like that I've been able to contribute offensively, but I'd definitely like to improve on my defensive side significantly. Being a -15 is not great at all, so I'm going to work on getting better in that area. I'd also like to improve my discipline, as being second on the team in PIM's is costly.

3. Being drafted by and playing first for the Ottawa Lynx is special, and they're always going to hold a place in my heart as my first home in the VHLM.

4. It's been great to watch so far, I love this time of year. 4 playoff games every night to watch is truly a treat. I cheer for the Leafs (hometown team), have done so painfully for a long time. Last night was about as fun as it's been in a long time. I don't really hate anybody, but obviously not the biggest Tampa Bay fan in the world right now. I let the Leafs make me miserable most of the time, so no other teams need to do it.

5. As a die hard Leafs fan, it pains me to say this, but I think it's absolutely Boston's to lose. They do a lot of things well, be it high end scoring, depth scoring, excellent blue line defending, and of course that brick wall in net. After such a historic regular season, it's going to take something special to knock them off this year.

6. Give me pizza and chicken wings every time, with a Dr. Pepper to wash it all down. Especially while watching the playoffs!

• 3 months later...

Press Conference Questions To Answer (after a 4 month hiatus 👀 )

1. What are your thoughts about your first season in the league? Have you found your GM/AGM helpful?

2. How long do you plan to stay in the VHLM? Do you plan on eventually being in the VHL or staying in Europe (I hear it's nice there)?

3. Who's the most suspicious player (by name, style, or karaoke skills) in the league?

4. If you participate in #general on the main Discord, who's your favorite regular and why? If you don't, why not?

5. If you had an opportunity to have the whole world/league listen to you during a press conference and could say anything, what would you want to tell them about?

6. Do you have more fun answering questions about your player's season/performance, their off-season/leisure plans, or things about you in real life?

1. I haven't started playing yet) There is also a worry about the Draft, whether I will be selected, whether someone needs me, or all my training and sleepless nights were in vain)

2. Unfortunately, I don't know my fate yet)

3. I would probably start from the "bottom". Because passing the path, you can only see in which direction you need to lead the team, what to change and what to add. Well, I would make a white leopard a mascot

4. I'm not afraid to work or train) If only someone would choose)

5. Honestly? In any case, whether she is a "top", whether she is an "outsider". Just to play and just to help the team reach the top)

6. It doesn't matter where, it matters with whom! Family is the most valuable and important thing in this life. If you're alone, then no one needs you, yes you can have fun, yes you can do whatever you want, but you'll still be LONELY!

1. I haven't played yet but I was drafted by Houston.

2. VHLM this season, VHLE next and then hopefully VHL.

3. I'm not really too sure!

4. I don't participate and I'm unsure if I will or not. 

5. Shania Twain ;) 

6. All of the above. 

1. What are your thoughts about your first season in the league? Have you found your GM/AGM helpful?
Looking forward to my first full season! STZ has offered help to some of our newer league members in the LR which is nice to see!

2. How long do you plan to stay in the VHLM? Do you plan on eventually being in the VHL or staying in Europe (I hear it's nice there)?
Given that I am pretty much at 200 TPE I would assume I play in the VHLE next season and then hopefully make the VHL someday!

3. Who's the most suspicious player (by name, style, or karaoke skills) in the league?
Reinhard von Kongming  for sure. I don't think that is his real name and he is always shifty when I see him

4. If you participate in #general on the main Discord, who's your favorite regular and why? If you don't, why not?
Don't regularly check the channel but have sometimes when I play games with some VHLers. Big Nykonax fan personally.

5. If you had an opportunity to have the whole world/league listen to you during a press conference and could say anything, what would you want to tell them about?
I would probably just get shy and awkward and mumble to myself. 

6. Do you have more fun answering questions about your player's season/performance, their off-season/leisure plans, or things about you in real life?
I generally like questions more focused on my player/team performance but open for anything!

• 4 months later...

I'm excited and also a bit nervous about my first season here but I think it's just a matter of getting out there on the ice to get over the initial jitters. The coaching staff, teammates and everyone in the front office have been beyond helpful, and that has been invaluable!

I intend to stay here as long as my legs are functioning. I feel I have a lot of untapped potential and I'm only going to get better as time goes on.

Hmm. I can't honestly answer that since I'm just now getting acquainted with the league.

I have yet to join the main Discord. I've joined my team's Discord server and I'd like to focus on getting acclimated with the people I'll be working closest with initially.

I'd probably want to let everyone know that just because the ice on the rink is flat it doesn't mean the entire earth is. But, who knows? I've been wrong before.

Truthfully, I'm open to any sort of Q&A session, but I'm modest and don't like to take the spotlight. I'd prefer to constructively critique my team and welcome their feedback on my performance.

Honestly I'm excited to get started on my Journey here in Saskatoon, the team staff here has been extremely helpful since I've arrived.

I'm planning on staying as long as it takes me to prove my worth to the higher leagues, I'm just going to keep working on my game.

Well I don't have a book on anyone yet as I've only just arrived ask me again next season and I might have an answer.

I haven't spoken much in the main Discord but am hoping to be an active member there and in my teams discord.

I'd tell them to go check out EIHL it's a pretty exciting league and could always use more eyes on the league.

Really I would like to answer questions about anything and everything just give me a microphone and a chance to talk and I'm happy

• 2 weeks later...

1) The league seems great so far.

2) No, everything is great right now

3) Not yet, but I am planing on reading it.

4) I would like to have a strong offensive season, but also stay well rounded defensively

5) Saskatoon is going to comeback and win it all

6b) My current team may not be top of the standing but they have been very welcoming

1. I'm really enjoying it so far, I like the format of things and how easy it is to understand.

2. I'm fairly new so I can't say I do.

3. I saw it but did not read it yet, I probably will later today though.

4. I want to get a feel for how everything works; learning the ropes and such and hopefully do well in the process.

5. Maybe Halifax, I heard they're pretty good.

6a. I don't think there's anyone specific, they all seem great.

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2018 at 8:17 AM, Tagger said:

This is a thread designed to help newer members and players get the full 2 TPE out of Press Conferences if they haven't received enough questions and will be updated with new questions every Saturday. If you answer 6 of these questions, you will receive 2 TPE.

If you've already answered enough questions in other press conferences to reach 2 TPE, then you do not need to answer these questions (These questions here do not grant an additional 2 TPE on top of the 2 TPE you've already earned)

1) Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole?

2) Are there any areas in the league that you would like to see a change/improvement? 

3) The VHLM Newsletter launched earlier this week, did you read it and was it helpful to you?

4) What are your aims this season in the VHLM?

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup?

6a) Is there any player on your VHL team that you're particularly looking forward to playing with when you make the VHL? (For players who were also in the VHL Draft)

6b) What do you think of your current VHLM team? (If you were selected in the VHLM Draft)

6c) If a GM were to make you an offer, what kind of player would they be getting? (If you're currently unaffiliated).

Reveal hidden contents

@cheidebrecht @SirRupertBarnes@colton14@ColeMrtz21 @Sonnet @AdamEss @Tacocat @Rad Russian@Steve Razyn  @McWolf @Flyershockey90 @Bdlondon @ventsan @Schmidt @Arayvenn @pierogituxedo @Greenert11  @brownboy102@bdu754 @Scorpio @DrHexDex @Reckasaur @Foehammer @Tigerteeo @DBCrumpets @Jerramy @Claust @Mike_Houle @mhart97 @Desjar @Joobles  @Lefty @Harri Abraham @KingChance @Deeks @Brian Yearwood @MrMaxx44 @muharibshakur @deathsoftx @leafsman @flowseidon @canadiancookie @North12420@bobby  @BloodMustache  @DC_92 @Taupert97 @iamgrant2149 @golferbml @Zetna @Potato @Nelson @803 @FuzzyLeeroy @devilsfan35@Deft @Drob127 @Jose Gonzalez @Doomzday @Sublime @Keywi @DurdenBrandSoap @jlowenstein @Bazmandoo22 @RJHockey21 @Pelimies @UltraMick @Nick Blagden @T65 @Dijital @DickRobbins @JaacTree @bagelbitesisbae @VV2O4 @ViIIains @Tniz15 @Galchenyuk_is_God @Josh Ho-Train @McCan @SidTheKid87 @Jubo07 @mjrv21 @nymets5 @SupaStu @Rykonen @Rzerk  @Sook @Sllaym @ZST @libbyfanaccount  @tomppa169 @BarzalGoat @stucky71  @Sixersfan549 @Renegade56 @Jimbo @sanlitun @alecbama @Dtayl @Saucetonia @SlapshotDragon  @Reives  @Joseph Wolf @MrYams @CahillNFLD

@Glebbread @DaftRaincloud @nicolas01 @ChrisF @RickRandals @Russell Jerome @LordTony @DonaldJWafer

@BBNAT@Whip @canucksHD @Hunter @david_mccarthy22 @Elhandon @skyhighTBE @jrodwire

@Caleb Snoe

@STiN  @bryanxm  @Enorama @ADV @evrydayimbyfuglien @AnthonyOuellet @ShawnGlade @AndrewWarren13 @Symmetrik @Frank @BOOM™ @Trifecta @tfong @KyleS56 @Kian Lopushinsky

1) so far I have had lots of fun looking at stats and seeing what happend in games

2) no, I think the league is fine how it is right now the staff have been very helpful with telling me where to navigate things and I think there is definitely room for growth but for now they don't really need to do anything drastic

3) I haven't looked at it yet but will definitely be reading it soon to see what its about

4) I'm hoping to do good so I can be scouted but also to do good with my team and hopefully win a championship

5) I'm really hoping its the aces (the team I'm on) but from this standpoint the team to beat right now is Saskatoon wild they are doing very well in the standings and have looked good in games

6) I am so far loving our team for how were doing and also how nice my teammates and gm are, they have been very helpful with me and I haven't had any trouble with anyone I am  very excited for what's to come and to see how we do!

• 4 weeks later...

1. I'm loving the VHLM again, it's always been one of my favorite leagues because you get to see the next generation of superstars way before they hit the majors.

2. I play for the Ace's, and a favorite thing about them is probably the location, lots of great places in Vegas and a lot of great players come through here.

3. If I could add a VHLM team I'd have to add em to my hometown, Tampa FL, I'd love to see some sort of sea style mascot like a Manatee or something like that.

4. My seasons just beginning considering I was picked up out of free agency just the other day, 2 games at a -4 isn't super amazing, gotta really clean up my play so I'm an asset not a liability.

5. I really don't have a preference where I go, but I'd like my future GM to know I'll definitely be a pick that pays off, I work hard every shift and I like to play a more defense oriented center playstyle, a lot of dump and chase and back checking.

6. I've always wanted to visit Costa Rica or Thailand, I'm a huge fan of wildlife and I'd love to see some crocs and caiman in their natural habitat.