VHLM Player Press Conference

Tagger

1) Out of the players brought in through free agency/waivers post-draft (John Madden, Bobby Power, Brick Wahl, Mark Gebauer, Evgeni Komarov, Divaani Sohva, Finn Davison, Jonathon Hill, Kyson Blake), who do you think will go on to have the best career?

Brick Wahl seems to be pretty active.

2) What are your thoughts on the player management section of the portal? Anything you'd like to see added to it?

In the stats section, I think faceoff win percentage would be a good stat for centers.

3) Who is the one member in the league who you would like to play on the same team as?

@Enorama

4) If the VHL or VHLM were to ever expand, what cities would you like to see represented?

Some place in Saudi Arabia

5) Who do you think will be in the top four picks in the Season 64 Draft Class?

The current top 4 is probably what I would guess.

6) What would you say is the best graphic that you've seen on the VHL?

Mine. ;)

•  

1) Out of the players brought in through free agency/waivers post-draft (John Madden, Bobby Power, Brick Wahl, Mark Gebauer, Evgeni Komarov, Divaani Sohva, Finn Davison, Jonathon Hill, Kyson Blake), who do you think will go on to have the best career?

Brick Wahl is actually leading but watch out for Evgeni Komarov, he's a small russian dman and he could dominate the VHL in the future.

2) What are your thoughts on the player management section of the portal? Anything you'd like to see added to it?

It's good.  Maybe you can add my jersey number (which would depends on my team's available numbers) (which excludes retired and already taken numbers) . Also it says that I've been drafted by Seattle in the VHL and Saskatoon in the VHLM but it's incorrect, I've been drafted by Helsinki (with Seattle's pick) and Olso (with Sask's pick). I wish it could be corrected.

3) Who is the one member in the league who you would like to play on the same team as?

As a scoring winger, I'd like to play with a passing center. Chance Matthews would be a good fit for me, luckily I think he was drafted by Helsinki in the VHL so I'll have to wait until we both make the big league.

4) If the VHL or VHLM were to ever expand, what cities would you like to see represented?

Chicago, Nashville, Beer Bottle Crossing (it's actually a small village in Idaho), Barcelona, Ljubljana, Vienna, Krakow, Horni Police (small village in Czech Republic). By the way I'm a geography geek and google map is my best friend.

5) Who do you think will be in the top four picks in the Season 64 Draft Class?

Sullivan, Zabby, my fellow countryman Piotr Jerwa and a sleeper pick.. Evgeni Komarov

The one Quick made for me, which is in my sig.

1) Out of the players brought in through free agency/waivers post-draft (John Madden, Bobby Power, Brick Wahl, Mark Gebauer, Evgeni Komarov, Divaani Sohva, Finn Davison, Jonathon Hill, Kyson Blake), who do you think will go on to have the best career?

Though I'm not too familiar, I've been seeing a lot of komarov working hard getting tpe in so that's who I'll go with.

In terms of player management, I'd like to see a more mobile friendly interface. Not to say that there's anything wrong.  I just check on my phone more than pc.

Maybe I lucked out with being drafted by Yukon. I get to play with Shan, Sullivan, Zabby, and Bailey. Those would be my choices.

4) If the VHL or VHLM were to ever expand, what cities would you like to see represented?

Id love to see more Canadian teams! Outside NHL markets. Barrie, Peterborough, Kingston, Swift Current. etc... Would be cool to see some more European teams as well!

This looks like a pretty competitive. But there's a definite gap after the top 4 and that will be hard to catch up on. Sullivan, Zabby, Jerwa, Garrop

In all honesty, this is something i need to dive more into. I can't say there's a 1 graphic that I've seen to call a clear cut number 1!

2 hours ago, nicolas01 said:

Brick Wahl is actually leading but watch out for Evgeni Komarov, he's a small russian dman and he could dominate the VHL in the future.

It's good.  Maybe you can add my jersey number (which would depends on my team's available numbers) (which excludes retired and already taken numbers) . Also it says that I've been drafted by Seattle in the VHL and Saskatoon in the VHLM but it's incorrect, I've been drafted by Helsinki (with Seattle's pick) and Olso (with Sask's pick). I wish it could be corrected.

As a scoring winger, I'd like to play with a passing center. Chance Matthews would be a good fit for me, luckily I think he was drafted by Helsinki in the VHL so I'll have to wait until we both make the big league.

Chicago, Nashville, Beer Bottle Crossing (it's actually a small village in Idaho), Barcelona, Ljubljana, Vienna, Krakow, Horni Police (small village in Czech Republic). By the way I'm a geography geek and google map is my best friend.

5) Who do you think will be in the top four picks in the Season 64 Draft Class?

Sullivan, Zabby, my fellow countryman Piotr Jerwa and a sleeper pick.. Evgeni Komarov

The one Quick made for me, which is in my sig.

You have Beer Bottle Crossing, Horni Police, and not Fucking, Austria?

• Commissioner
8 hours ago, nicolas01 said:

Also it says that I've been drafted by Seattle in the VHL and Saskatoon in the VHLM but it's incorrect, I've been drafted by Helsinki (with Seattle's pick) and Olso (with Sask's pick). I wish it could be corrected.

@Will bug in the draft code or just miss-reading? It seems that it’s accurately representing the pick but makes it appear as if trades didn’t happen. Maybe we could just have it show the overall pick number and the team?

@nicolas01 what the portal is doing there isn’t saying you were drafted by Seattle or Saskatoon. It’s just saying that their picks were what drafted you without accounting for the trades. It’s accurate but misleading.

• Senior Admin
5 minutes ago, Beketov said:

@Will bug in the draft code or just miss-reading? It seems that it’s accurately representing the pick but makes it appear as if trades didn’t happen. Maybe we could just have it show the overall pick number and the team?

Yeah that's what I am thinking. 

Divaani Sohva of course :).

I think it's fine now, easy to use.

Louis Laksson. Oh wait i already play in the same team.

My home town Oulu.

Definitely me.

There are so many good ones so i cant say a clear number one.

Another bout of questions for this week!

Spoiler

@Arayvenn  @DaftRaincloud @ColeMrtz21 @Toast  @Frank @Joobles @Doomzday  @Pelimies  @LordTony @803 @Rykonen @DrHexDex @VV2O4 @Tacocat @ChrisF  @nicolas01 @Sublime @nymets5 @Rzerk @Dijital @Zetna @devilsfan35 @brownboy102 @Schmidt @Foehammer @DurdenBrandSoap @mjrv21 @Bdlondon @Rad Russian @DickRobbins @ViIIains @Tigerteeo  @Nelson @pierogituxedo @DonaldJWafer @FuzzyLeeroy @Greenert11 @SupaStu @Galchenyuk_is_God @Sook @ZST @Josh Ho-Train @Deft @Claust @Scorpio @ventsan @Sllaym @Jerramy @KyleS56 @colton14 @joeyboucher1 @McCan @libbyfanaccount  @Mike_Houle @Reckasaur @Keywi @Kian Lopushinsky @Desjar @T65 @mhart97 @bagelbitesisbae @Nick Blagden @SirRupertBarnes @Potato @UltraMick @Drob127 @RickRandals @Flyershockey90 @Russell Jerome @Steve Razyn @RJHockey21 @Bazmandoo22 @Nyr1994 @DBCrumpets @JaacTree @Tniz15 @ChaceT @Jtww @canucksHD @PremiumFunk @Gravyncarrots @JohnnyT_77 @Shou Tian @eaglesfan036 @KnucklePuckAdam @Flare @toshimann @Pauly51 @Kisshan @Joubo @RealJohny211 @madmonstermax @hedgehog337  @PaintingItOrange @Ruggiero10 @Steveziedoesit @monkeywrench15 @Dude @Rosco @Jonah38 @JR0B13 @Peace @Fizzwidget  

@Alfred Corey @Camcall @Advantage @JSS @WHEELsnipePARTY @Molholt @IceSK @NathanN @RyanZabby @Philliefan @wiggo @JG10 @Froobydoo @Steroid Monster @majesiu @Cyberwolf32 @kerryj13 @Radio @wcats @hookemhorns @mjl3475 @ATaylor27_ @NightHawk_787 @Escott @NewtonianBoots @VenomBlast500 @WTB @Owen Borah @Bailey @TMG1017 @crazytexanfan @bhs7902 @Austin Kenobi @austendeven @ShadierGalaxy100 @Erik Flyyn @Wololo @Saclord @ihlevi @Slipperybutter @jackt815 @Kip Baier @FenPo @#LOLER @Big thic z @Basehockey @The_nameless_man @Eparker24 @TimNig @IniquitY @Alexander McMaster @DucksFan64 @Progamer5432137 @Rollzey @Kotkaniemi sucks @JonnyU95 @CurtisG93 @JORANNEXTDOOR22 @malone on coke @Lizard_Wizard @Salemsix @Tiler94 @Eddyconqs @Charles Blades @Nykonax @Esso2264 @TheDrunkDrew @Brock Boeser @Pwest7788 @auston matthews #34 @Julien Venezia @TheEpicDuck @Johnthegod21 @Brandon87 @xela @Require The Demi God @Lare @Alexhockey8 @Isaac46362 @dora @Hersheybears @Sturg @Dario44 @Zeniaz @NikEhlers27 @Hutch445 @Maladus42 @Mattmacleod63 @BladeMaiden @hitmess @Bobby Power @Koutsi @vesku842 @Sova @Ashvinan Sivasambu  @wola @Rocketman04 @DilIsPickle @DingmanGeorge  @Kramer @Sohva @Poptart @Jayden Bender @Gooningitup @Fowll @Natedawg6413 @LemonPig @Savoire Faire @Levangy @Swintzy Sauce19 @K13R4N @Quietknight @tequbs @TMI @Wulfen @FlyersLord29 @Pier-Luc Besner @Jon @Kachur @JaysFan26 @LQuinn @theMooseKing @NickSunderbruch @Lancelot @Quik @Devise   

If you've already answered enough questions in other press conferences to reach 2 TPE for this week, then you do not need to answer these questions (These questions here do NOT grant an additional 2 TPE on top of the 2 TPE you've already earned from asking/answering questions in other conferences). 

1) The season has kicked off now, how do you feel about your team's performance to this point of the season?

2) What would you say has been your best performance in a game so far this season?

3) For some of you this will have been your first week of experience with the sim, what are your thoughts on the sim engine thus far?

4) If you could bring in a brand new point task for the VHL, what would it be?

5) The World Juniors cup will be happening in the near future, how likely do you think you'll be to representing your country?

6) Of all the logos in the VHLM, which one would you consider your favourite and why?

1) The season has kicked off now, how do you feel about your team's performance to this point of the season?

Honestly super great! We've got a strong chance this year of making it all the way and the team is just looking great :)

2) What would you say has been your best performance in a game so far this season?

I really do not want to highlight one performance from myself, just trying to get the games rolling and providing as much as I can for the team.

3) For some of you this will have been your first week of experience with the sim, what are your thoughts on the sim engine thus far?

To be quite honest, really confused on how Nathan Mackinnon is killing it even though my attributes are much more widespread and more distributed than his. I’m not complaining though since we’re honestly doing great and the sim is in our favour.

TO TYPE THE WORD KISSHAN AND GET 100 TPE, sounds good to me :)

5) The World Juniors cup will be happening in the near future, how likely do you think you'll be to representing your country?

I think I have a really good chance of representing my country, but we have lost some really good players form S62 but I will try my best to help my team out in every way possible.

6) Of all the logos in the VHLM, which one would you consider your favourite and why?

Yukon Rush like for real, I like bright colours and also the design is just amazing.

6 hours ago, Tagger said:

Reveal hidden contents

@Arayvenn  @DaftRaincloud @ColeMrtz21 @Toast  @Frank @Joobles @Doomzday  @Pelimies  @LordTony @803 @Rykonen @DrHexDex @VV2O4 @Tacocat @ChrisF  @nicolas01 @Sublime @nymets5 @Rzerk @Dijital @Zetna @devilsfan35 @brownboy102 @Schmidt @Foehammer @DurdenBrandSoap @mjrv21 @Bdlondon @Rad Russian @DickRobbins @ViIIains @Tigerteeo  @Nelson @pierogituxedo @DonaldJWafer @FuzzyLeeroy @Greenert11 @SupaStu @Galchenyuk_is_God @Sook @ZST @Josh Ho-Train @Deft @Claust @Scorpio @ventsan @Sllaym @Jerramy @KyleS56 @colton14 @joeyboucher1 @McCan @libbyfanaccount  @Mike_Houle @Reckasaur @Keywi @Kian Lopushinsky @Desjar @T65 @mhart97 @bagelbitesisbae @Nick Blagden @SirRupertBarnes @Potato @UltraMick @Drob127 @RickRandals @Flyershockey90 @Russell Jerome @Steve Razyn @RJHockey21 @Bazmandoo22 @Nyr1994 @DBCrumpets @JaacTree @Tniz15 @ChaceT @Jtww @canucksHD @PremiumFunk @Gravyncarrots @JohnnyT_77 @Shou Tian @eaglesfan036 @KnucklePuckAdam @Flare @toshimann @Pauly51 @Kisshan @Joubo @RealJohny211 @madmonstermax @hedgehog337  @PaintingItOrange @Ruggiero10 @Steveziedoesit @monkeywrench15 @Dude @Rosco @Jonah38 @JR0B13 @Peace @Fizzwidget  

@Alfred Corey @Camcall @Advantage @JSS @WHEELsnipePARTY @Molholt @IceSK @NathanN @RyanZabby @Philliefan @wiggo @JG10 @Froobydoo @Steroid Monster @majesiu @Cyberwolf32 @kerryj13 @Radio @wcats @hookemhorns @mjl3475 @ATaylor27_ @NightHawk_787 @Escott @NewtonianBoots @VenomBlast500 @WTB @Owen Borah @Bailey @TMG1017 @crazytexanfan @bhs7902 @Austin Kenobi @austendeven @ShadierGalaxy100 @Erik Flyyn @Wololo @Saclord @ihlevi @Slipperybutter @jackt815 @Kip Baier @FenPo @#LOLER @Big thic z @Basehockey @The_nameless_man @Eparker24 @TimNig @IniquitY @Alexander McMaster @DucksFan64 @Progamer5432137 @Rollzey @Kotkaniemi sucks @JonnyU95 @CurtisG93 @JORANNEXTDOOR22 @malone on coke @Lizard_Wizard @Salemsix @Tiler94 @Eddyconqs @Charles Blades @Nykonax @Esso2264 @TheDrunkDrew @Brock Boeser @Pwest7788 @auston matthews #34 @Julien Venezia @TheEpicDuck @Johnthegod21 @Brandon87 @xela @Require The Demi God @Lare @Alexhockey8 @Isaac46362 @dora @Hersheybears @Sturg @Dario44 @Zeniaz @NikEhlers27 @Hutch445 @Maladus42 @Mattmacleod63 @BladeMaiden @hitmess @Bobby Power @Koutsi @vesku842 @Sova @Ashvinan Sivasambu  @wola @Rocketman04 @DilIsPickle @DingmanGeorge  @Kramer @Sohva @Poptart @Jayden Bender @Gooningitup @Fowll @Natedawg6413 @LemonPig @Savoire Faire @Levangy @Swintzy Sauce19 @K13R4N @Quietknight @tequbs @TMI @Wulfen @FlyersLord29 @Pier-Luc Besner @Jon @Kachur @JaysFan26 @LQuinn @theMooseKing @NickSunderbruch @Lancelot @Quik @Devise   

If you've already answered enough questions in other press conferences to reach 2 TPE for this week, then you do not need to answer these questions (These questions here do NOT grant an additional 2 TPE on top of the 2 TPE you've already earned from asking/answering questions in other conferences). 

1) I feel the Aces have a very high ceiling for the season, and are still in the running. We are a developing group and have a solid defence to help our team compete with a productive offence. The biggest strength is a stunning start by Brick Wahl.

2)  Despite the game resulting in a loss, I would say our game vrs. Halifax (GM 17). It was my first multi point game with a goal and assist

3) I appreciate the specifics of the sim, including my minutes and the fact that the best team doesn’t always win. As a center, I really appreciate seeing my FO%, as that is not always shown in other games I have played or even in hockey in general.

4) Hard to say, maybe stars of the week challenge where we vote and apply showing game stats (pretty good variety as of now)

5) The best way I can tell off of is by the S64 LDCR, I rank 3rd among Canadian centers, behind Ryan Zabbi and Gucci Garrop, so I have a chance

6) I like the colour scheme of Vegas and Yukon, but I would not say ours or Halifax simply because you should never put the name on the logo, whereas the rush has a good feel and the R is cool yet simple. All are pretty good, none are miles better.

9 hours ago, Tagger said:

Reveal hidden contents

1. I'm happy with it. We've got a nice win streak to start us off there

2. My season has been pretty disappointing to be honest, but that's probably my fault for not updating last week. I keep getting 20 minutes a game but I can't get points and always seem to have a - +/-

3. I think it's pretty solid, idk we don't get play by plays though so it's tough to really tell.

4. Maybe make a pitch for a new expansion franchise location? Idk if expansions in the plans.

5. For world juniors I like to think I'd get a shot. For Canada though it might be tough

6. Yukon Rush because I don't want to lose game time answering this question

8 hours ago, Tagger said:

Reveal hidden contents

I feel as though our team could play a bit stronger, we only 2 points out of third, but we have lost two in a row, so I hope we can start to pick up our play a bit, and get into the top half of the league.

My best performance so far would be in a 4 to 3 loss to Halifax, who is currently the second place team. Although it would have been nice to win, getting my first goal, along with two assists has proved that I can be a difference maker, so I just hope next time I am able to help our team win.

As it has only been one week I have no major thoughts, but no one is scoring at five points per game, so that is a positive.

I feel it could be interesting to see something to do with player's equipment. For example, choose how a tape job and a stick. The player could also choose their curve, and whether they will have lower or higher flex stick.  It would just be interesting to see the little things in a player's life.

The competition is tough, so I am not expecting much, but it would be an honor just to compete for a spot.

I've got to go with my team, the Saskatoon Wild. The blue is the nicest colour used in any of the logo's.

1) The season has kicked off now, how do you feel about your team's performance to this point of the season?

I'm a little disappointed, there hasn't been a lot of weekly growth from our players. I'm hoping they pick it up and we make sure serious push for the championship.

I can't pick just one game, but my whole season is way better. I'm going to surpass my points totals from last season very quickly.

I don't understand how it works but would be interested in more information.

Do a players combine before the drafts. Allows players to do skills to show where they really succeed.

5) The World Juniors cup will be happening in the near future, how likely do you think you'll be to representing your country?

If I'm not on my teams roster, I will be very disappointed.

The Aces. It's clean and unmistakable.

I'm very happy with the teams performance! I don't think it gets much better than it has been.

Though i haven't had success on the score sheet, my team play has been quite good.

I don't have too many thoughts on it as of yet. I need to do more looking at it before i make an opinion on it. I would definitely like to see a more mobile friendly version. As i can't always get on my computer.

To be honest, anything i could have said has been said already. Maybe something like a community or charity signing would be cool?

Id love to say that I'll be there, and i hope i am! But, there's a lot of really good players to represent team Canada. So, all i can do is keep working hard and hope for the best!

The Rush logo is very nice got to love how clean it is!!!

1) The season has kicked off now, how do you feel about your team's performance to this point of the season? Pretty happy. Didn't expect this kind of start but we're just gonna roll with it I guess

2) What would you say has been your best performance in a game so far this season? Probably any win we have, it's awesome to see the team come together like that

3) For some of you this will have been your first week of experience with the sim, what are your thoughts on the sim engine thus far? Still broken but I love it

4) If you could bring in a brand new point task for the VHL, what would it be? Prolly a random-weekly 10 TPE giveaway to a random site member who was active that week

5) The World Juniors cup will be happening in the near future, how likely do you think you'll be to representing your country? Depends if I stay below that cap before it starts haha I'm approaching 350 very closely

6) Of all the logos in the VHLM, which one would you consider your favourite and why? Obviously Halifax but I also like Yukon's and Ottawa's because they're just so clean

On 10/27/2018 at 2:01 PM, Tagger said:

1) Not a bad start, we're 4-5-1 or something like that. I knew we were gonna be more of a bottom team, but we are not far from the other teams

2) I don't remember which game, but I got 1 goal and 2 assists on that game.

3) I'm starting to understand how the engine works. I'm going to put my TPE more appropriatly.

4) Something like an easy media or graphic giving you like 1 or 2 tpe and it puts you in a bigger giveaway

5) I think i'll make it in, maybe for Europe, if not i think i'm most likely in with World

6) I like the Oslo Lumberjack, feels like home lol

1. At the start it was rough, but now we're finding our footing and starting to compete better. I have hope we'll improve past .500 hockey soon, so I'll do everything in my power to make that happen. 

2. My four point night - and hat trick - against Brick Wahl and the Aces.

3. Like most, I'm finally understanding how fickle STHS really is. 

4. I'd bring in a TPE pool for teams or something along those lines. A team puts out a series of MS or graphics, that TPE is added to the teams pool, and the team can assign TPE/TPA to a player to help them develop; kinda like training camp but more hands on between GM and player.

5. I certainly hope I will be! 

6. Honestly, I like the Wild logo. It's clean, looks good and matches the team well.    

1) The season has kicked off now, how do you feel about your team's performance to this point of the season?

Bit disappointed.  Our record is fine at 9-5-0 but we haven't really scored a lot of goals so I hope that as the season goes on, that we can improve the offense going forward.

My three assist game probably or the game where I got my first goal where I had an assist and six hits.  Been consistently solid so far I'd say.

Lol, STHS.  Very much the same as always.

I kind of agree with Joubo that a Combine point task would be an excellent new PT.

Pretty certain I will be.

I would say Vegas' probably.  I don't think any of them are all that great but it sticks out as the freshest and cleanest modern image.

Hasn't been the best, but i'm sure we will bounce to the top pretty soon.

game 12 when i had a .903 save%.

i think it's pretty good.

something prediction related.

i'm not that sure because there are a lot of good goalies.

i think hey are all good but i like the oslo storm one the most.

Feel like we've been pretty decent, couple tough losses but its fine.

Think I got a 4 point night, I'd say that was the best

Seems pretty detailed and accurate.

Probably something NHL related, like an NHL predictions for a couple games that week.

I think I'll be pretty likely, I got a ton of points so far.

Lynx is my favourite, gotta say it cause there my team and if I don't I'm benched haha

We started pretty hot but have been slacking the last few games hopefully we can pick the pace back up.

Forget what game it was exactly but it was early in the year and I had a goal and an assist and I think 1st star.

Not brand new to it completely but it seems to be decent, wish my guy scored more tho lol.

A week in the life type of thing where you write about your player performances that week but I guess you could just do that each week on your own.

I'm sure Canada is pretty stacked but it would be fun if I made the team.

Yukon because we're the best.

I am quite happy so far, of course, we could have won a game or two more but that is always the case.

I had back to back game in which I scored two goals each I would say those are up there.

I find it odd with the formula of passing shooting handling but besides that is seems like a solid engine.

Either something NHL related or something fun like "best trahstalk of the week" gains 2 TPE

I am pretty sure most teams are quite stacked but maybe I can slip through the cracks somehow

Ottawa by far, I really like the name also and Lynxes are pretty cool so an easy pick for me

I think we've done a pretty good job dealing with the ups and downs of a new season. The VHLM standings, at the moment, is very tight towards the middle. These games at the beginning will go a long way come the end of the season. 

3 assists, +2 vs Yukon in game #36.

I think its great no complaints so far.

Maybe a "player of the week", "goalie of the week", "rookie of the week" awards for TPE

I think I have good chance, I'm currently on a 3 game point streak so I need to keep showing my worth to my country

Saskatoon Wild for sure

I feel great about Yukons season so far. We are getting in penalty trouble but those waves will settle later on in the season. I feel confident Yukon can bring in some hardware at the end of the year.

My best performance would probably be the game where i registered my first career goal. i had some hits in that game as well.

Sim Engine is very good and simple to read post game reports

Rookie player of the month for 1 TPE( Only players who are on their first VHLM skater)

I am confident that i can represent team Canada as their top RW. I feel like i can bring a new element to the Red & White

Vikings because it symbolizes the physical and violent style that i wanna play with