VHLM Week 1 Player Highlights

thadthrasher

EDIT: I put the excel file I made on Google Drive. I'm going to put the link here and I left it open for comments, that way if you check it out and see anything wrong you can let me know right in the file! Please, feel free to use as needed. I'll be sure to keep updating it each week.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y_SBBZoGmIOunmwvukKelXq1ymaXwReF/view?usp=sharing

-----------------------------

Congratulations on the first successful week of S75 in the VHLM! Presented below is a brief review highlighted players from each team in the VHLM.

Each team will have an Offensive Star, Defensive Star, and some awards. 

*Teams are presented in order of League Overall Standing

:phi:Philadelphia Reapers (9-1-1):phi:

GM - @DMaximus AGM - @Spence King

Offensive Star - This player leads the team in points, while having a healthy mix of goals and assists. Finding themselves with 0 PIM, this player has great composure and self-control. Congratulations, Robert Bouchard@Gaikoku-hito

Defensive Star - With 15 shots blocked, 34 hits, and a plus/minus of 12 we have to award Jolly Greene Giant @DoktorFunk with the title of Defensive Star for this week. Congratulations!

Wanna Be Goalie Award -Jolly Greene Giant @DoktorFunk with 15 SB

Rule Breaker Award - Carson Walkers @Cwalker with 23 PIM

Snow Plow Award - Addison McLaren @tcookie25 with 43 Hits

:veg:Las Vegas Aces (7-1-2):veg:

GM -  @Spartan AGM - @JigglyGumballs

Offensive Star - This was a tough decision to make. There are two players who put up 13 points this week. One was more goals driven, while the other offered more assists. Being so close in many various stats, we decided to give this week's award to the player who demonstrated an overwhelming 200-foot game. With 4 SB and 11 hits, we name Connor Sim @SimmerDown99 as Vegas' week 1 Offensive Star. Congratulations!

Defensive Star - This player displayed a strong defensive presence on the ice. With 16 SB, 16 Hits, +/- of 4, and 1 GW goal, Joakim Lund @Bouncyelf is the Vegas Defensive Star of the week. Congratulations!

Wanna Be Goalie Award - Joakim Lund @Bouncyelf with 16 SB

Rule Breaker Award - Kelly Power @Nordin with 16 PIM

Snow Plow Award - Kelly Power @Nordin with 32 Hits

:mck:Mexico City Kings (6-2-3):mck:

GM - @Hylands AGM - @rory

Offensive Star - Leading the team with 16 points and 11 assists, RJ Thatcher @jhatty8. Congratulations!

Defensive Star - Mexico City certainly has a great defensive build. This was a tough decision, but because of this player's composure on the ice and willingness to put their body on the line, we've gone with Kevin Wu @kevinscix. Congratulations!

Wanna Be Goalie Award - Kevin Wu @kevinscix with 15 SB

Rule Breaker Award - King Kruul @LefLop with 35 PIM

Snow Plow Award - King Kruul @LefLop with 38 Hits

:mia:Miami Marauders (7-4-0):mia:

GM - @Ricer13 AGM - @Zetterberg

Offensive Star - Making a strong case for himself right out of the gate, leading his team with 24 points, 11 assists, and 13 goals the obvious choice here is Cabe McJake @RedSus. Congratulations!

Defensive Star - Leading the team in SB, putting up 13 points, and grabbing 1 GW goal, Chicken Wing @chikn is Miami's Defensive Star. Congratulations!

Wanna Be Goalie Award - Chicken Wing @chikn with 22 SB

Rule Breaker Award - We have a three-way tie between Martin Master @Martin Bradac, Jerrin @Jerrin Dean, and Franz Ferdinand @-_____- with 14 PIM

Snow Plow Award - Ryan Ryker @Jayrad28 with 45 Hits

:ssk:Saskatoon Wild (6-4-1):ssk:

GM - @Doomsday AGM - @a_Ferk

Offensive Star - Putting up 21 points for his team, and being the assists leader at 15, Steve Eso @Eso. Congratulations!

Defensive Star - This player has a healthy number of hits at 25 but also leads the defensive players with 13 points. Displaying a strong 200-foot game we have chosen Silas LeFriend @yevty. Congratulations!

Wanna Be Goalie Award - Gabriel Johnson @GeckoeyGecko with 18 SB

Rule Breaker Award - Logan Moore @drewowo with 17 PIM

Snow Plow Award - Logan Moore @drewowo with 36 Hits

:mis:Mississauga Hounds (5-5-0):mis:

GM - @ColeMrtz AGM - @Bacon

Offensive Star - Leading the team with 20 points and 13 goals, Dan Dan @MMFLEX. Congratulations!

Defensive Star - Making their presence known with 16 SB and an impressive 36 hits, The Blob @JorgTheGoat03 is making it clear that he is a defensive player, and this week's Star. Congratulations!

Wanna Be Goalie Award - The Blob @JorgTheGoat03 with 16 SB

Rule Breaker Award - The Blob @JorgTheGoat03 with 22 PIM

Snow Plow Award - The Blob @JorgTheGoat03 with 36 Hits

:osl:Minnesota Storm (5-5-0):osl:

GM - @Rayzor_7 AGM - @Mr_Hatter

Offensive Star - While there are two players who have put up 17 points, both with 7 goals and 10 assists, one of those players has played 2 less games than the other. Not only that, but this player has 10 less PIM than the other. We must give this to Joseph Sharkton @TheOGShark. Congratulations!

Defensive Star - There are a few options for this week's Defensive Star. However, only one of those choices has 24 hits and 14 points as a defender, and that would be Ron World Peace III @stevo. Congratulations!

Wanna Be Goalie Award - We have a tie! Ron World Peace III @stevo and Art Yemis @SofaKing both with 25 SB

Rule Breaker Award - Ron World Peace III @stevo with 24 PIM

Snow Plow Award - Jeff Jeffries @Sabremike with 29 Hits

:sdm:San Diego Marlins (5-5-0):sdm:

GM - @InstantRockstar AGM - @IamMOOSE

Offensive Star - There are three players who have put up 12 points this week, 2 forwards and 1 defender. However, only one player leads with 7 goals and has only 4 PIM and that would be Red Lite @Tate. Congratulations!

Defensive Star - This defender finds themselves tied with 2 offensive players for most points. This player also racked up 20 hits and leads the team with 16 SB. We must give this week's Defensive Star to Cowboy Prout @Prout. Congratulations!

Wanna Be Goalie Award - Cowboy Prout @Prout with 16 SB

Rule Breaker Award - Phil The Rock Johnson @Phil with 24 PIM

Snow Plow Award - Phil the Rock Johnson @Phil with 28 Hits

:hou:Houston Bulls (5-6-0):hou:

GM - @rjfryman AGM - @MattyIce

Offensive Star - This player leads Houston with 11 points and 6 goals, and is one of two forwards with a positive +/-. Congratulations to Jon Webber @Webberj.

Defensive Star - With an impressive collection of shots blocked, a high number of hits, and relatively low number of PIM, the Defensive Star for Houston is Not A Player @Nope488. Congratulations!

Wanna Be Goalie Award - Not A Player @Nope488 with 25 SB

Rule Breaker Award - Zachary Sirois @Zach386 with 30 PIM

Snow Plow Award - Jared Carter @jaredc7 with 31 Hits

:hfx:Halifax 21st (4-6-1):hfx:

GM - @Dil AGM - @Riley_Couture

Offensive Star - There is one clear winner here in Halifax. With 20 points, 12 goals and 8 assists, Dolant Ferititta @Dolant is the Offensive Star. Congratulations!

Defensive Star - This player only has 16 SB, but they have also aided in the team's scoring with 9 assists. We must give this to Clinton Giftopoulos @Thranduil. Congratulations!

Wanna Be Goalie Award - Clinton Giftopoulos @Thranduil with 16 SB

Rule Breaker Award - Halifax has two Rule Breakers this week. Clinton Giftopoulos @Thranduil and Ramarod Ramierez @Ominous both with 16 PIM

Snow Plow Award - Theodore James St Louis @Nick Kirkpatrick with 33 Hits

:ott:Ottawa Lynx (0-11-0):ott:

GM - @DoktorFunk AGM - @DarkSpyro

Offensive Star - Leading the Lynx with both 10 points and 8 goals, the Offensive Star is Kevin Sterk @TenZi. Congratulations!

Defensive Star - While there are no defenders on this team (we wonder how this is even possible), this forward blocked 16 shots while also delivering 21 hits. Congratulations to Kevin Sterk @TenZi again!

Wanna Be Goalie Award - Kevin Sterk @TenZi with 11 SB

Rule Breaker Award - Kevin Sterk @TenZi with 8 PIM

Snow Plow Award - Kevin Sterk @TenZi with 21 Hits

Goalies

Instead of providing awards to each team's goalies, since there are normally only two options per team, we are going to highlight one goalie per week who holds the lowest GAA (must play a majority of the team's games). The goalie with the lowest GAA for the week will be awarded the Brick Wall Award

Brick Wall Award - While this player's SV% isn't overly impressive, he has made sure to maintain a relatively low GAA of 2.46. This week's Brick Wall Award winner is Matthew A Sovick jr @matt sovick of the Las Vegas Aces! Congratulations!

League Overall

As you can see this has been an exciting first week of S75 in the VHLM! The Philadelphia Reapers have made themselves known around the league this week, putting themselves ahead of every team early on. Can they keep this forward momentum going and find themselves raising the Founders Cup at the end? As of right now it is way too early to tell, but we must keep an eye on them.  

We are still waiting for the Ottawa Lynx to have something other that "0" in their W column. With an embarrassing 0-11-0 start to the season we can only imagine that tensions in the locker room is high, while morale is low.

-----

1336 words. Claiming for week ending 29 Nov 2020

Edited by thadthrasher

24 minutes ago, thadthrasher said:

Offensive Star - This was a tough decision to make. There are two players who put up 13 points this week. One was more goals driven, while the other offered more assists. Being so close in many various stats, we decided to give this week's award to the player who demonstrated an overwhelming 200-foot game. With 4 SB and 11 hits, we name Connor Sim @SimmerDown99 as Vegas' week 1 Offensive Star. Congratulations!

Offensive Star - Making a strong case for himself right out of the gate, leading his team with 24 points, 11 assists, and 13 goals the obvious choice here is Cabe McJake @RedSus. Congratulations!

Offensive Star - There is one clear winner here in Halifax. With 20 points, 12 goals and 8 assists, Dolant Ferititta @Dolant is the Offensive Star. Congratulations!

25 minutes ago, thadthrasher said:

Brick Wall Award - While this player's SV% isn't overly impressive, he has made sure to maintain a relatively low GAA of 2.46. This week's Brick Wall Award winner is Matthew A Sovick jr @matt sovick of the Las Vegas Aces! Congratulations!

26 minutes ago, thadthrasher said:

Snow Plow Award - Jared Carter @jaredc7 with 31 Hits

27 minutes ago, thadthrasher said:

Snow Plow Award - Addison McLaren @tcookie25 with 43 Hits

Riga respresent!

happy the lion king GIF

Review

This was such an awesome read with all these stats presented in a way that is easy to digest. As someone who could do better following other teams in the league, this was a fantastic effort to show me and the rest of the league some high notes. No real complaints here on your work as it was fantastic all-around. Maybe some other bonus awards next time around instead of just Wanna Be, Rule Breaker and Snow Plow?

10/10

8 minutes ago, Toast said:

Review

This was such an awesome read with all these stats presented in a way that is easy to digest. As someone who could do better following other teams in the league, this was a fantastic effort to show me and the rest of the league some high notes. No real complaints here on your work as it was fantastic all-around. Maybe some other bonus awards next time around instead of just Wanna Be, Rule Breaker and Snow Plow?

10/10

Yea, I'll have to think of some other ones along the way!

Review: This is a great write-up. I can't even imagine the amount of work that you did just to set this all up. I think this is a fun thing to look forward to during the season. I don't know how much work this would cause, but maybe like a runner-up for the awards just to showcase more talent? Maybe even showing what VHL team they were drafted to? Other than that I see no problems with this write-up. Amazing work! 10/10.

12 minutes ago, youloser1337 said:

I can't even imagine the amount of work that you did just to set this all up

It took me a few hours, but I enjoyed it! I'm full-time in earning my Master's degree, and this week we have off, so I had a bit of extra time. But, now that I have the format worked out it should make for a quicker process. The hard part next week, if I'm able to do it again, will be figuring out the single-week stats since I don't believe there is anywhere that tracks that sort of thing ( @Ricer13 do you know about this)? I'll have to subtracts last week's stats from this coming week's totals to figure out what each player did in one week. I made an excel file so that should help.

This article is formatted fantastically. It's broken down nicely with cool names for weekly awards and it's really easy to see what players stood out in the past week. I hope you make this a weekly writeup, I really enjoyed reading it. Great job Thad! ❤️ 10/10

Review:

Great format, all the information is clear to see and understand and making sure you covered every team is always a good sign for putting in the effort. Perhaps a picture or two could shake up the layout a bit but overall it's presented very well. Taking the additional time to tag each player that's mentioned is also a nice touch so people can see that their players efforts are getting recognised.

9.5/10