VHLM Player Press Conference

Tagger

On 9/15/2018 at 12:53 PM, Tagger said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@tfong @Enorama @Jubo07 @McWolf @Arayvenn @Sonnet @DaftRaincloud @ColeMrtz21 @Jose Gonzalez @Toast @SidTheKid87 @Cornflakers @BOOM™ @Frank @Joobles @Doomzday @AdamEss @Pelimies  @LordTony @803 @Rykonen @DrHexDex @VV2O4 @Tacocat @ChrisF @bdu754 @nicolas01 @Sublime @nymets5 @Rzerk @Dijital @Zetna @devilsfan35 @brownboy102 @Schmidt @Foehammer @DurdenBrandSoap @mjrv21 @Bdlondon @Rad Russian @DickRobbins @ViIIains @Tigerteeo @oilmandan @Nelson @pierogituxedo @DonaldJWafer @FuzzyLeeroy @Greenert11 @SupaStu @Galchenyuk_is_God @Sook @ZST @Josh Ho-Train @Deft @Claust @Scorpio @ventsan @Sllaym @Jerramy @KyleS56 @colton14 @joeyboucher1 @McCan @libbyfanaccount @28_stab_wounds @Mike_Houle @Reckasaur @Keywi @Kian Lopushinsky @Desjar @T65 @mhart97 @bagelbitesisbae @Nick Blagden @SirRupertBarnes @Potato @UltraMick @Drob127 @RickRandals @Flyershockey90 @Russell Jerome @Steve Razyn @RJHockey21 @Bazmandoo22 @Nyr1994 @DBCrumpets @JaacTree @Tniz15 @Peace @Dude @monkeywrench15 @Symmetrik @kerryj13 @PaintingItOrange @Romaris

@cheidebrecht @Jonah38 @Rosco @Steveziedoesit @Ruggiero10 @Gravyncarrots @SirRupertBarnes@colton14@ColeMrtz21 @Sonnet @AdamEss @Tacocat @Rad Russian@Steve Razyn  @McWolf @Flyershockey90 @Bdlondon @ventsan @Schmidt @Arayvenn @pierogituxedo @Greenert11  @brownboy102@bdu754 @Scorpio @DrHexDex @Reckasaur @Foehammer @Tigerteeo @DBCrumpets @Jerramy @Claust @Mike_Houle @mhart97 @Desjar @Joobles  @Lefty @Harri Abraham @KingChance @Deeks @Brian Yearwood @MrMaxx44 @muharibshakur @deathsoftx @leafsman @flowseidon @canadiancookie @North12420@bobby  @BloodMustache  @DC_92 @Taupert97 @iamgrant2149 @golferbml @Zetna @Potato @Nelson @803 @FuzzyLeeroy @devilsfan35@Deft @Drob127 @Jose Gonzalez @Doomzday @Sublime @Keywi @DurdenBrandSoap @jlowenstein @Bazmandoo22 @RJHockey21 @Pelimies @UltraMick @Nick Blagden @T65 @Dijital @DickRobbins @JaacTree @bagelbitesisbae @VV2O4 @ViIIains @Tniz15 @Galchenyuk_is_God @Josh Ho-Train @McCan @SidTheKid87 @Jubo07 @mjrv21 @nymets5 @SupaStu @Rykonen @Rzerk  @Sook @Sllaym @ZST @libbyfanaccount  @tomppa169 @BarzalGoat @stucky71  @Sixersfan549 @Renegade56 @Jimbo @sanlitun @alecbama @Dtayl @Saucetonia @SlapshotDragon  @Reives  @Joseph Wolf @MrYams @CahillNFLD

@Glebbread @DaftRaincloud @toshimann @Flare @KnucklePuckAdam @Shou Tian @Pauly51 @PremiumFunk @JohnnyT_77  @Russell Jerome @LordTony @DonaldJWafer

@BBNAT@Whip @wiggo   @JG10 @RyanZabby @Philliefan   @IceSK @NathanN @WHEELsnipePARTY  @Molholt @JSS @Alfred Corey  @Camcall @Fizzwidget @Kisshan @ChaceT @Jtww @ChrisF @Hunter @david_mccarthy22 @Elhandon @skyhighTBE @jrodwire

@Caleb Snoe @JR0B13@Advantage @Tyler @Quik @RealJohny211 @madmonstermax @canucksHD @Cornflakers @nicolas01 @RickRandals @Kian Lopushinsky

@STiN  @bryanxm  @Enorama @Joubo  @ShawnGlade @Nyr1994 @AnthonyOuellet @AndrewWarren13 @evrydayimbyfuglien @eaglesfan036 @MexicanCow @Wolf Edmunds

If you've already answered enough questions in other press conferences to reach 2 TPE for this week, then you do not need to answer these questions (These questions here do NOT grant an additional 2 TPE on top of the 2 TPE you've already earned from asking/answering questions in other conferences). 

1) This week, we've had a Mid-Season PT Theme bonus, where you got 10 extra TPE for making a PT about another player in the league. What theme would you like to be used next season?

2) We've also re-launched the VHL's Twitter account, and you can get 3 TPE for following the account and retweeting the recruitment tweet. Which social media platform do you think VHL should cover next?

3) Four of the five playoff places in the VHLM have been decided, the remaining teams to battle it out for the last place in the playoffs are the Rush and the Wild. The Rush are three points behind the Wild, but the Rush have a game more to play and the two teams play each other twice before the season's end. Who do you think will make the playoffs?

4) At the top of the table, it's a battle between the 21st and the Aces. The 21st are two points ahead of the Aces and the two teams play each other one more time before the end of the season. Who do you think will top the table come the end of the season?

5) Speaking of the 21st, they revealed their logo yesterday, what do you think of it?

6) Finally, I'll be doing another Mock Draft in my weekly Draftee Rankings tomorrow, fill in the template below with who you think will go where in the first four picks!

1 (Helsinki Titans) - 

2 (New York Americans) - 

3 (Toronto Legion) - 

4 (Riga Reign) - 

4. Halifax. Not only do I play on the 21st and I believe in our team, but we've been at the top all season long. I don't see that stopping now.

5. Personally, I really like the logo. However, word on the street is they were attempting to have the logo mimic the iconic Nova Scotia Bluenose schooner. The logo looks nothing like a schooner. I don't know who's in charge of the marketing department over there, but they need to brush up on their research skills a bit. End of the day though, I think the logo looks nice.

6.  My mock draft picks 

1 (Helsinki Titans) - Ryan Kastelic

2 (New York Americans) - Cole Mertz

3 (Toronto Legion) - Tzuyu

4 (Riga Reign) - McWolf

• Commissioner
57 minutes ago, JohnnyT_77 said:

However, word on the street is they were attempting to have the logo mimic the iconic Nova Scotia Bluenose schooner.

This is false. The logo is designed to represent an old Steam ship that immigrants arriving at Pier 21 would have been on. The Bluenose is unrelated.

• Commissioner
7 minutes ago, JohnnyT_77 said:

I stand corrected. 

I realize I cam off a bit harsh. As a Halgonian I have a bit too much pride in our history to have it seem like that was supposed to be the bluenose haha

On 9/15/2018 at 11:53 AM, Tagger said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If you've already answered enough questions in other press conferences to reach 2 TPE for this week, then you do not need to answer these questions (These questions here do NOT grant an additional 2 TPE on top of the 2 TPE you've already earned from asking/answering questions in other conferences). 

1) This week, we've had a Mid-Season PT Theme bonus, where you got 10 extra TPE for making a PT about another player in the league. What theme would you like to be used next season?

2) We've also re-launched the VHL's Twitter account, and you can get 3 TPE for following the account and retweeting the recruitment tweet. Which social media platform do you think VHL should cover next?

3) Four of the five playoff places in the VHLM have been decided, the remaining teams to battle it out for the last place in the playoffs are the Rush and the Wild. The Rush are three points behind the Wild, but the Rush have a game more to play and the two teams play each other twice before the season's end. Who do you think will make the playoffs?

4) At the top of the table, it's a battle between the 21st and the Aces. The 21st are two points ahead of the Aces and the two teams play each other one more time before the end of the season. Who do you think will top the table come the end of the season?

5) Speaking of the 21st, they revealed their logo yesterday, what do you think of it?

6) Finally, I'll be doing another Mock Draft in my weekly Draftee Rankings tomorrow, fill in the template below with who you think will go where in the first four picks!

1 (Helsinki Titans) - 

2 (New York Americans) - 

3 (Toronto Legion) - 

4 (Riga Reign) - 

1. I really enjoyed theme week, it was fun to see everyone talking about each other, the fun stories that were created, and all the graphics that came out of it. Even der_meister came out with a podcast which is always fun! For next season, it's looking like theme week will fall around American Thanksgiving. Maybe something related to that. The World Juniors would be another possibility. VHL History could be fun, to see what new members might come up with to describe teams of the past!
  2. I'm not so up-to-date on any new social media platforms, maybe MySpace? But, really, Instagram would probably be next on the Social docket.
  3. Gotta go with my boy @BarzalGoat! I might have pulled a snake on him by signing with Hali, but he's got the chops to get it done! Rush over Wild.
  4. It's already been decided now, but would have said Halifax. The depth they picked up in those 2 young players, Rylan Peace and ... what was his name again? K something? Rhymes with Daily? Anyway, they're absolutely stacked heading into the playoffs!
  5. They probably could have found a way to fit the team name in the negative space above Halifax, but it's a solid logo. Would have preferred a bit more colour, or shading though - it's a little flat as is.
  6. Hmm...as a GM with personal interest in not revealing my thoughts, I don't know that I can answer this, properly. I will say that I see a forward, and three defencemen going in some order, but won't say what that order is! Is that fair?

Since I accidentally claimed my other PCs on Kronos, these will go towards Johnsson.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Quik said:

They probably could have found a way to fit the team name in the negative space above Halifax, but it's a solid logo. Would have preferred a bit more colour, or shading though - it's a little flat as is.

Remind me to send you the original version sometime that had this, it looked awful haha. I am hoping to keep improving on it bit by bit but made did we ever need to get the logo out. I already messed with the colours and added some details on the front that the designer hadn't done.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

Remind me to send you the original version sometime that had this, it looked awful haha. I am hoping to keep improving on it bit by bit but made did we ever need to get the logo out. I already messed with the colours and added some details on the front that the designer hadn't done.

Yeah, we definitely needed it out. 

How did they do it though? Could they not have put a pier between the H and X? Even without a wordmark, that would have been a nod. Or, just a clean wordmark "Twenty-first" above "alifa"? I think at least some shading on the ship would have helped, and a non-Arial Bold font lol.

Instagram

Glad to see they finally have a logo. Sorta resembles something you would see in the ECHL.

Nothing that pops out at you on paper but certainly a clean, well detailed logo.

1 (Helsinki Titans) - Julian Borwinn

2 (New York Americans) - Ryan Kastelic

3 (Toronto Legion) - Scott Shawinganen

4 (Riga Reign) - Joseph McWolf

Asking the new questions now as I won't be on tomorrow

1) We posted the VHLM Achievement Tracker for this season up for S63 draftees or players who've already been drafted to claim up to 20 TPE:

a) (If you're eligible to claim) How much TPE are you set to earn this season and are you happy with your total?

b) (If you're a Season 64 Draftee) What stats do you feel like you'll wind up claiming TPE for with your player in Season 64?

2) The playoffs are on the verge of starting today with the Wild-Card round which sees the Saskatoon Wild face the Oslo Storm in a 3-game series, with the winner facing the Halifax 21st in the semi-finals. Do you like the idea of the wild-card game or would you prefer to see playoffs contested solely between the top 4 teams?

3) There's a VHLM GM job opening available for the Oslo Storm, how do you feel you would do in such a role?

4) If the role didn't go to you, which member would you like to see take over the Oslo Storm?

5) The Aces and the Lynx are set to do battle in a tightly contested semi-final series, who do you think will wind up winners of the series?

6) The VHLM Magazine is currently three issues strong, what are your thoughts on the Magazine?

Spoiler

@tfong @Enorama @Jubo07 @McWolf @Arayvenn @Sonnet @DaftRaincloud @ColeMrtz21 @Jose Gonzalez @Toast @SidTheKid87 @Cornflakers @BOOM™ @Frank @Joobles @Doomzday @AdamEss @Pelimies  @LordTony @803 @Rykonen @DrHexDex @VV2O4 @Tacocat @ChrisF  @nicolas01 @Sublime @nymets5 @Rzerk @Dijital @Zetna @devilsfan35 @brownboy102 @Schmidt @Foehammer @DurdenBrandSoap @mjrv21 @Bdlondon @Rad Russian @DickRobbins @ViIIains @Tigerteeo @oilmandan @Nelson @pierogituxedo @DonaldJWafer @FuzzyLeeroy @Greenert11 @SupaStu @Galchenyuk_is_God @Sook @ZST @Josh Ho-Train @Deft @Claust @Scorpio @ventsan @Sllaym @Jerramy @KyleS56 @colton14 @joeyboucher1 @McCan @libbyfanaccount @28_stab_wounds @Mike_Houle @Reckasaur @Keywi @Kian Lopushinsky @Desjar @T65 @mhart97 @bagelbitesisbae @Nick Blagden @SirRupertBarnes @Potato @UltraMick @Drob127 @RickRandals @Flyershockey90 @Russell Jerome @Steve Razyn @RJHockey21 @Bazmandoo22 @Nyr1994 @DBCrumpets @JaacTree @Tniz15 @Peace @Dude @monkeywrench15 @Symmetrik @kerryj13 @PaintingItOrange @Romaris

@cheidebrecht @Jonah38 @Rosco @Steveziedoesit @Ruggiero10 @Gravyncarrots @SirRupertBarnes@colton14@ColeMrtz21 @Sonnet @AdamEss @Tacocat @Rad Russian@Steve Razyn  @McWolf @Flyershockey90 @Bdlondon @ventsan @Schmidt @Arayvenn @pierogituxedo @Greenert11  @brownboy102@bdu754 @Scorpio @DrHexDex @Reckasaur @Foehammer @Tigerteeo @DBCrumpets @Jerramy @Claust @Mike_Houle @mhart97 @Desjar @Joobles  @Lefty @Harri Abraham @KingChance @Deeks @Brian Yearwood @MrMaxx44 @muharibshakur @deathsoftx @leafsman @flowseidon @canadiancookie @North12420@bobby  @BloodMustache  @DC_92 @Taupert97 @iamgrant2149 @golferbml @Zetna @Potato @Nelson @803 @FuzzyLeeroy @devilsfan35@Deft @Drob127 @Jose Gonzalez @Doomzday @Sublime @Keywi @DurdenBrandSoap @jlowenstein @Bazmandoo22 @RJHockey21 @Pelimies @UltraMick @Nick Blagden @T65 @Dijital @DickRobbins @JaacTree @bagelbitesisbae @VV2O4 @ViIIains @Tniz15 @Galchenyuk_is_God @Josh Ho-Train @McCan @SidTheKid87 @Jubo07 @mjrv21 @nymets5 @SupaStu @Rykonen @Rzerk  @Sook @Sllaym @ZST @libbyfanaccount  @tomppa169  @stucky71  @Sixersfan549 @Renegade56 @Jimbo @sanlitun @alecbama @Dtayl @Saucetonia @SlapshotDragon   @Joseph Wolf @MrYams @CahillNFLD

@Glebbread @DaftRaincloud @toshimann @Flare @KnucklePuckAdam @Shou Tian @Pauly51 @PremiumFunk @JohnnyT_77  @Russell Jerome @LordTony @DonaldJWafer

@BBNAT@Whip @wiggo   @JG10 @RyanZabby @Philliefan   @IceSK @NathanN @WHEELsnipePARTY  @Molholt @JSS @Alfred Corey  @Camcall @Fizzwidget @Kisshan @ChaceT @Jtww @ChrisF @Hunter @david_mccarthy22 @Elhandon @skyhighTBE @jrodwire

@Caleb Snoe @JR0B13@Advantage @Tyler @Quik @RealJohny211 @madmonstermax @canucksHD @Cornflakers @nicolas01 @RickRandals @Kian Lopushinsky

@STiN  @bryanxm  @Enorama @Joubo  @ShawnGlade @Nyr1994 @AnthonyOuellet @AndrewWarren13 @evrydayimbyfuglien @eaglesfan036 @MexicanCow @Wolf Edmunds

38 minutes ago, Tagger said:

1) We posted the VHLM Achievement Tracker for this season up for S63 draftees or players who've already been drafted to claim up to 20 TPE:

a) (If you're eligible to claim) How much TPE are you set to earn this season and are you happy with your total?

b) (If you're a Season 64 Draftee) What stats do you feel like you'll wind up claiming TPE for with your player in Season 64?

2) The playoffs are on the verge of starting today with the Wild-Card round which sees the Saskatoon Wild face the Oslo Storm in a 3-game series, with the winner facing the Halifax 21st in the semi-finals. Do you like the idea of the wild-card game or would you prefer to see playoffs contested solely between the top 4 teams?

3) There's a VHLM GM job opening available for the Oslo Storm, how do you feel you would do in such a role?

4) If the role didn't go to you, which member would you like to see take over the Oslo Storm?

5) The Aces and the Lynx are set to do battle in a tightly contested semi-final series, who do you think will wind up winners of the series?

6) The VHLM Magazine is currently three issues strong, what are your thoughts on the Magazine?

Reveal hidden contents

@tfong @Enorama @Jubo07 @McWolf @Arayvenn @Sonnet @DaftRaincloud @ColeMrtz21 @Jose Gonzalez @Toast @SidTheKid87 @Cornflakers @BOOM™ @Frank @Joobles @Doomzday @AdamEss @Pelimies  @LordTony @803 @Rykonen @DrHexDex @VV2O4 @Tacocat @ChrisF  @nicolas01 @Sublime @nymets5 @Rzerk @Dijital @Zetna @devilsfan35 @brownboy102 @Schmidt @Foehammer @DurdenBrandSoap @mjrv21 @Bdlondon @Rad Russian @DickRobbins @ViIIains @Tigerteeo @oilmandan @Nelson @pierogituxedo @DonaldJWafer @FuzzyLeeroy @Greenert11 @SupaStu @Galchenyuk_is_God @Sook @ZST @Josh Ho-Train @Deft @Claust @Scorpio @ventsan @Sllaym @Jerramy @KyleS56 @colton14 @joeyboucher1 @McCan @libbyfanaccount @28_stab_wounds @Mike_Houle @Reckasaur @Keywi @Kian Lopushinsky @Desjar @T65 @mhart97 @bagelbitesisbae @Nick Blagden @SirRupertBarnes @Potato @UltraMick @Drob127 @RickRandals @Flyershockey90 @Russell Jerome @Steve Razyn @RJHockey21 @Bazmandoo22 @Nyr1994 @DBCrumpets @JaacTree @Tniz15 @Peace @Dude @monkeywrench15 @Symmetrik @kerryj13 @PaintingItOrange @Romaris

@cheidebrecht @Jonah38 @Rosco @Steveziedoesit @Ruggiero10 @Gravyncarrots @SirRupertBarnes@colton14@ColeMrtz21 @Sonnet @AdamEss @Tacocat @Rad Russian@Steve Razyn  @McWolf @Flyershockey90 @Bdlondon @ventsan @Schmidt @Arayvenn @pierogituxedo @Greenert11  @brownboy102@bdu754 @Scorpio @DrHexDex @Reckasaur @Foehammer @Tigerteeo @DBCrumpets @Jerramy @Claust @Mike_Houle @mhart97 @Desjar @Joobles  @Lefty @Harri Abraham @KingChance @Deeks @Brian Yearwood @MrMaxx44 @muharibshakur @deathsoftx @leafsman @flowseidon @canadiancookie @North12420@bobby  @BloodMustache  @DC_92 @Taupert97 @iamgrant2149 @golferbml @Zetna @Potato @Nelson @803 @FuzzyLeeroy @devilsfan35@Deft @Drob127 @Jose Gonzalez @Doomzday @Sublime @Keywi @DurdenBrandSoap @jlowenstein @Bazmandoo22 @RJHockey21 @Pelimies @UltraMick @Nick Blagden @T65 @Dijital @DickRobbins @JaacTree @bagelbitesisbae @VV2O4 @ViIIains @Tniz15 @Galchenyuk_is_God @Josh Ho-Train @McCan @SidTheKid87 @Jubo07 @mjrv21 @nymets5 @SupaStu @Rykonen @Rzerk  @Sook @Sllaym @ZST @libbyfanaccount  @tomppa169  @stucky71  @Sixersfan549 @Renegade56 @Jimbo @sanlitun @alecbama @Dtayl @Saucetonia @SlapshotDragon   @Joseph Wolf @MrYams @CahillNFLD

1. I think i am set to earn 2 tpe. cant say im that impressed as i isn't put in the sim right away and given it seems like that was a problem here in the past from what ive heard, i would suggest bumping the totals down on the divided numbers. i may have got more if i was in the sim faster.

2. I would like to see the top four teams make it. especially in the minors where you want to engage as many people as possible i would imagine.

3. i would've applied but was told i probably wont get a job for being here so early and being new. sadly ill have to wait a few seasons.

4. i dont know enough people to say who it should go for. maybe a new guy who has shown some promise?

5. i think the lynx will win because im on that team and i have a good bunch of teammates in the sim.

6. i cant say ive read every one but so far they are pretty cool to read. i like flipping through them.

30 minutes ago, monkeywrench15 said:

1. I think i am set to earn 2 tpe. cant say im that impressed as i isn't put in the sim right away and given it seems like that was a problem here in the past from what ive heard, i would suggest bumping the totals down on the divided numbers. i may have got more if i was in the sim faster.

Just a heads up, any TPE totals below 10 TPE get rounded up to 10 TPE, so at least you'll be getting a decent amount of TPE from it.

MOUNTAIN DOES NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THESE THINGS. MOUNTAIN PAYS ATTENTION TO WHAT IS ON THE ICE. AND DESTRUCTION.

MOUNTAIN PREFERS COMPETITION. THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS.

THE OSLO STORM MADE THE GRAVEST MISTAKE POSSIBLE WHEN THEY TRADED MOUNTAIN AWAY AFTER NOT PUBLICLY ANNOUNCING THEY DRAFTED MOUNTAIN TO BEGIN WITH. THE ONLY ROLE MOUNTAIN WISHES IS TO BURN THEM TO THE GROUND AND SHIT UPON THEIR ASHES.

DID YOU NOT HEAR MOUNTAIN'S ANSWER TO THE LAST QUESTION?

THE ACES WILL SMITE THESE PITIFUL CATS AND TAKE A PICK OF THE SPOILS. MOUNTAIN WILL BE FRONT AND CENTER AMONG THE CHAMPIONS.

THE PAGES ARE TOO SHARP FOR MOUNTAIN TO USE TO CLEAN HIS WASTE. ALSO, MOUNTAIN CANNOT HELP BUT TO CONSIDER THE ESCALATING AND WIDESPREAD DEFORESTATION PROBLEM FACING THE WORLD TODAY AND WONDER WHY NICHE MAGAZINES LIKE THIS ARE BEING PRINTED IN LARGE NUMBERS AT THE EXPENSE OF A SHRINKING NUMBER OF VIABLE TREE LIFE.

Edited by AdamEss

1 hour ago, Tagger said:

Reveal hidden contents

1. I'm not sure, I posted there but am I a S63 player or a S64 player?

2. I like the idea of the wildcard game. The more teams that are in the more fun it is. Go Wild!

3. I've held a couple FIBA roles but never been a GM and tbh I don't think I really have time to GM a team here.

4. Um I'm not sure, I don't really know many guys here. Just hopefully a guy whose proved to be active.

5. I think the Aces win. Or atleast I hope they win. Fuck Ottawa, so happy their a joke now irl.

6. It's fire. I love it!

4 hours ago, Tagger said:

So far I'll be at 11 tpe. Better then last year so yeah I'm happy.

I like the new way. Its sorta like wjc

Im still new even tho I played two seasons. So I probably won't take the job but I would try a assistant job just to understand it.

i don't have anyone i know that would take it but some one that is active.

Its going to be a tight series but since i play on the lynx I'm hoping the lynx wins.

i really liked it. I read the whole thing.

Reveal hidden contents

4 hours ago, Tagger said:

Reveal hidden contents

1a. I wanna earn the full 20 this time after only getting like 15 last season

2. I have mixed feelings. I don't mind the wildcard play-in, but a top-4 playoff wouldnt be bad either

3. I think the Oslo Storm would earn 1st place in their first season with me at the helm ;)

4. Anyone with experience really. The VHLM GMs are a tight knit group and they would be able to fit in so well

5. Ah this is tough. I wanna say Ottawa, but LVA is so much better than people think. It's a very close one and I could see either one of them winning, but I'll say Ottawa wins in 7

6. Pretty cool, I like reading every week and I'm super glad they brough it back

Well I'd probably get under 10 TPE, luckily Tagger said it will be rounded up to 10.

I like the idea of a wild card game cuz it means at least 3 playoffs games for me. Go Wild!

I'm pretty much lazy as a player's agent so I don't think I would be really active as a GM.

I don't really know. Definately someone who'se more active than me.

I think it's a coin toss but I think I go with Vegas. They seem to be really strong and I probably made a mistake by not signing with them.

It's really usefull, I read it every weeks between games while riding the team's bus.

On 9/21/2018 at 1:15 PM, Tagger said:

Reveal hidden contents

1a. I'm not really sure if I quailfy as all my stats are low as I came in middle of the season.

2. The Wild Card is a good idea, it only takes 2 games to win and even if you're the worst team having that last chance effort is always a good thing.

3. I think I'd be pretty bad at it. I feel I'd need to learn more about the league and the players first.

4. I'm not really familiar with who is in the leauge. I'm sure if they have the time and energy to devote to the job then anyone would be great at it.

5. I'm hoping for the Aces. I think we're a strong team both Offensively and Defensively. We also have one of the best goalies in the league.

6. I didn't know there was a magazine. I'll have to check it out.

I think i am set to earn around 14 tpe. not overly estatic but it was my first season figuring out how things work out and i am going to strive for all 20 next season.

I really like the wc. it gives more teams a chance and who doesnt love a good underdog story.

I would want to spend a little longer in the league and get everything down before i took an expanded role like that.

i think cole mertz would be a solid pick for the job. he is always on top of things and a great community member.

I mean its gonna be a close one but due i would have to pick my fellow teammates and go with the aces.

as  a part of the graphics team i think we havedone a great job. i still think we need more exposure but the feedback we have been getting is great!

On 9/21/2018 at 2:45 PM, AdamEss said:

That was mighty nice of ya'll! I think I'm fixin' to get about 16 TPE.

Wild-Cards are so fun! Hell, that's how my Tennessee Titans have gotten into the playoffs these last few times!

I'm very happy that a choice was made, but I'm a bit scared of how Mountain Thunderfist feels about it.

I'm gonna channel my best Mountain impression: DID YOU NOT SEE STOFFIDAY'S LAST ANSWER?! See, not near as good as him.

Gotta go with my Las Vegas Aces! My buddy Alex @Sonnet is bringin' the heat this year and tearin' it up!!

I love reading the magazine! I reckon one day I might even be featured in it. It's a solid publication!

1) We posted the VHLM Achievement Tracker for this season up for S63 draftees or players who've already been drafted to claim up to 20 TPE:

Assists/12
Points/10 

Would be the two I would claim because I feel like by next season my TPE will be high enough to do some damage. I picked assists because of the 5 apples I got at the end of this season and points because my goal scoring will come around.

Wildcard games are amazing, I love them IRL and love them in games as well.

3) There's a VHLM GM job opening available for the Oslo Storm, how do you feel you would do in such a role?

I feel like I would do a decent job as a GM just because of my background as an avid EHM player even tho it's a different style of game.

Don't know too many people around here so I can't really say @Enorama is probably a great choice though.

Haven't really followed other teams besides the Yukon Rush but the Aces sound way cooler so them.

6) The VHLM Magazine is currently three issues strong, what are your thoughts on the Magazine?

Didn't read it all but just flipped through it and thought it looked very professional well done!!

On 9/21/2018 at 4:15 PM, Tagger said:

Reveal hidden contents

1a) I did the math the other day and I'm getting somewhere around 13 to 15, don't remember exactly. Hits are a huge part of this. I hope I would get more from +/- or shots blocked, but playing on Ottawa's first defenseman pair isn't all that easy, we're facing all the top lines around, all your Shawinganen-Borwinn-Revchenko, or your Crimson-Flipachyev with Tzuyu-Nguyen on defense.

2) I like that. VHLM is a development league meant to give everyone a good taste of the VHL, but also get them to enjoy the concept of the league. Wild Card round means one more team gets to enjoy the playoffs.

3) I applied for that job, but probably shot myself in the foot by telling everyone how I've been racking every job possible for the last month or so. Glad Trifecta got it, I'm sure he'll do great. If I'm not mistaken, it's not his first gig as GM so he'll be well placed to teach the ways of the VHL to newer players. I feel like I would have done a good job as well, but I may not be experienced enough to really father the rookies before their VHL careers really kick off.

4) Bit late for this one, but like I said earlier, I'm glad Trifecta got it, he deserves it!

5) I really really hope we can bury our rough regular season in the past and actually beat Vegas 4 times. And quickly. We've had trouble playing against them this year, but I think we can get through them and meet with Halifax in the finals (because this series is a given, right?)

6) I'm not going to say how I think the final result looks like, but I'll say writing stuff and discussing future article subjects with these guys has been a blast so far. Shoutout to the mag team!

On 9/22/2018 at 6:15 AM, Tagger said:

Reveal hidden contents

1. I think I calculated something like 12 TPE from the attributes I used to make a claim. I'm a little disappointed to be honest, but still fortunate to receive a bonus, considering my fairly inconsistent form this season.

2. I think that I prefer the Wild-Card format as it means one more team gets the opportunity to participate, as well as giving that teams members the chance to experience the thrill of participating in the finals. The VHLM is supposed to be a development league after all, so it can only be a good thing.

3. I've toyed with the idea of being a VHLM GM and have even been offered the role a couple of times, but with my poor hockey knowledge and no experience of STHS from a sim perspective, I've always passed on the chance to be a GM. I mean, the locker room might be fun, but on the ice, I'd be a poor role-model.

4. Because I have 20/20 hindsight, I think someone like Trifecta should get the chance to GM. Maybe it will keep him interested and likely to stick around long term for his own players benefit.

5. Obviously Ottawa will emerge victorious! The depth and talent on this squad, combined with the determination to crush the Aces should provide all the motivation we need.

6. I'm a little biased towards the former VHL Magazine, after being lucky enough to work on it for a few seasons under STZ's leadership. The guys putting out the VHLM version are doing a great job and deserve praise for their efforts. I suggested a titty centerfold but the idea went nowhere. I skipped Edition 1 in a silent protest.

1) We posted the VHLM Achievement Tracker for this season up for S63 draftees or players who've already been drafted to claim up to 20 TPE:

I'll get the minimum of 10, so I'm happy with that considering I joined very late into the season. 

I'd prefer just the top four, but that's just me. 

3) There's a VHLM GM job opening available for the Oslo Storm, how do you feel you would do in such a role?

Since this position has been filled, I felt like I would do okay but questioned my ability since I'm fairly new to VHL.

It's actually been filled, and I hope they do a great job! 

I'm going to say the Lynx will defeat the Aces in seven games.

6) The VHLM Magazine is currently three issues strong, what are your thoughts on the Magazine?

I like it. Well thought out and organised, a lot of talented people contributing to the VHLM Magazine.

On 9/21/2018 at 5:45 PM, AdamEss said:

MOUNTAIN DOES NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THESE THINGS. MOUNTAIN PAYS ATTENTION TO WHAT IS ON THE ICE. AND DESTRUCTION.

MOUNTAIN PREFERS COMPETITION. THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS.

THE OSLO STORM MADE THE GRAVEST MISTAKE POSSIBLE WHEN THEY TRADED MOUNTAIN AWAY AFTER NOT PUBLICLY ANNOUNCING THEY DRAFTED MOUNTAIN TO BEGIN WITH. THE ONLY ROLE MOUNTAIN WISHES IS TO BURN THEM TO THE GROUND AND SHIT UPON THEIR ASHES.

DID YOU NOT HEAR MOUNTAIN'S ANSWER TO THE LAST QUESTION?

THE ACES WILL SMITE THESE PITIFUL CATS AND TAKE A PICK OF THE SPOILS. MOUNTAIN WILL BE FRONT AND CENTER AMONG THE CHAMPIONS.

THE PAGES ARE TOO SHARP FOR MOUNTAIN TO USE TO CLEAN HIS WASTE. ALSO, MOUNTAIN CANNOT HELP BUT TO CONSIDER THE ESCALATING AND WIDESPREAD DEFORESTATION PROBLEM FACING THE WORLD TODAY AND WONDER WHY NICHE MAGAZINES LIKE THIS ARE BEING PRINTED IN LARGE NUMBERS AT THE EXPENSE OF A SHRINKING NUMBER OF VIABLE TREE LIFE.

I love this

I love how Mountain is so concerned about the environment ❤️