VHL 2022 NHL Bracket Challenge - Round 2

youloser1337

I am pumped and would be more so if I was still living in Alberta for the huge war that won`t come from this series!! LOL!! While on paper the series seems very even; my heart says Edmonton but head says Calgary as they have peppered Dallas tender in the last round and should score a ton more against Smith/Edmonton. Only question will be about shutting down Edmonton offense as it is also far better then what Dallas had to offer. I am still taking Calgary in 5 games as I think they will roll Edmonton with the physical play and will get to Smith at the end of the day. 

Colorado should roll St Louis right? Actually I think St Louis is a very well built play-off team and this could be one of the series that we see an upset. St Louis still has the core of the team that went to on to win the Stanley Cup a few season back and I can see them up-setting the heavily favorites in the Avalanche but with Colorado being for the most part health and well rested, I am still picking the Avalanche in six games. Just too much fire power from the Forwards, defender and very solid goaltending should be stay health. St Louis goaltending in the first round was inconsistent. If they start Binnington; and he plays like the regular season tender this past season then St Louis could be done and dusted quickly. They need Husso or Binnington to solid if they stand a chance. I have at least one of these tenders giving them a chance which is way I think this should go at least six game. Avalanche still win though.

Rangers & Hurricanes should not even be the series we are watching if it wasn`t for the fact that Pittsburgh lost both their starting tenders and had to relay on third tender. Not to mention as far as I am concerned a questionable call in OT game 7 that handed the series to the Rangers. They are on borrowed time with a tender that has been suspect at best so far in these play-offs. Hurricanes should roll the Rangers and this should be a sweep but I think the Rangers will put up some fight so I am picking Hurricanes in 5 or 6 games.

The Battle of Florida - Now this series is either going to be epic or a complete dud as I expect the Battle of Alberta might be. Defending Champions against President winners; This should be a battle right to the end with the series heading to game seven but based on the way Tampa played in the first round they better show up. I am also waiting for the Panthers to choke like normal with tending becoming an issue. This series I cannot see an choking happening from either Florida team so this could go either way but I am taking the better team at the moment in Panthers.

Those are my picks if I remembered them correctly!!

3 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Rangers & Hurricanes should not even be the series we are watching if it wasn`t for the fact that Pittsburgh lost both their starting tenders and had to relay on third tender. Not to mention as far as I am concerned a questionable call in OT game 7 that handed the series to the Rangers. They are on borrowed time with a tender that has been suspect at best so far in these play-offs. Hurricanes should roll the Rangers and this should be a sweep but I think the Rangers will put up some fight so I am picking Hurricanes in 5 or 6 games.

I Love You GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

23 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

I am pumped and would be more so if I was still living in Alberta for the huge war that won`t come from this series!! LOL!! While on paper the series seems very even; my heart says Edmonton but head says Calgary as they have peppered Dallas tender in the last round and should score a ton more against Smith/Edmonton. Only question will be about shutting down Edmonton offense as it is also far better then what Dallas had to offer. I am still taking Calgary in 5 games as I think they will roll Edmonton with the physical play and will get to Smith at the end of the day. 

One thing I feel people forget is that Edmonton's offense is a lot better than the Stars. Anyone who paid attention to the first round will realize Smith has been great as well. I think it will be a 7 game series either way. 

16 minutes ago, a_Ferk said:

One thing I feel people forget is that Edmonton's offense is a lot better than the Stars. Anyone who paid attention to the first round will realize Smith has been great as well. I think it will be a 7 game series either way. 

It would be great for Canada and Alberta if it did!!